Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner

Carlsson 'burning' oil on tickover.

2K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  deevee 
#1 ·
Happy New Year everybody, but I've got a feeling mine is going to start with cash being spent!. My problem is that my 92 'J' plate 2.3 CS Carlsson with 134K on the clock has just started burning some oil through the exhaust but only noticeable at tickover, i.e. when I'm stopped at lights. When I'm motoring, it all seems OK. There is no obvious oil usage shown on the dipstick. I believe it to be the original turbo, but I've had the inlet trunking off and there is NO play in the turbine shaft at all. The throttle housing had a small amount of oil in, which I've cleaned out but it is still doing it. Any ideas please?
Thanks in advance

#4 ·
Hi I had this with my 2.0L 1990 Carlsson about 3 months back and after about 2 weeks of this it then started stalling until warmed up.

The fix for me was a vacuum hose had split. It was the hose at the top of the inlet manifold it was very easy to get to but only noticable when I pulled the hose out I stripped all the hose off and cleaned the one way valve,cut back the hose past the split and that was it fixed

Hope this helps

Cheers C

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.