Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner

miscellaneous issues

2K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  bigjap 
#1 ·
hi, this is the ist time i posted here,had my 9-3 convertible 2004 for about 6 mths,been ok ,In sept i had to go to airport early,on dark misty morning and the lights i found abysmal,I went to get some new bulbs when i got back.I decided to get osram nightbreakers,all seemed good,the local motor factors fitted them FOC very pleased with the improvement.A couple of days later,i started the car and the info screen was blank no warning noises or reverse sensors,no radio.I had a look at fuses seemed ok,although when i pulled the one in side of dash and put it back it all worked again,its gone off a few times done same thing to get it going,now i seem to have a drain and battery flattens,i gather its the amp 1 when this happens,id never had a prob before i changed bulbs is it just coincidence,do i have to get amp changed,sorry to go on

#2 ·
Hello Bigjap, I would remove amp 1 and make sure that it's not corroded , due to it's position it can get wet , best thing and this is what I did I removed it and stuck it in my airing cupboard, to dry out , re-fitted and no more problems.
possibly a coincidence that this happened after bulb change .

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.