2008 Saab 9-5 SC 2.3t BioPower Aut

1. Welcome to Saabscene – General discussion forum for Saab

Welcome to Saabscene - a website dedicated to all things Saab.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Saabscene today!

Thread: 2008 Saab 9-5 SC 2.3t BioPower Aut

2008 Saab 9-5 SC 2.3t BioPower Aut

Hi all!
    I bought my second Saab today, and it has some issues it needs resolving. I hope this is the right place to get help!

About myself:
    I'm a Norwegian living near Hamar. That's 300km away (as the crow flies) from the Trollhätten Saab factory. I bet that's closer than the majority of members here live to it .

My Saabs:
    My first Saab is a 2005 9-5 SC 2.0t Aut. I bought in 4 years ago, and it has served me well. I have however for some time wanted a newer Saab, with more equipment. Today was the day!
    I bought my second Saab today. A 2008 9-5 SC 2.3t BioPower Aut. First impressions are great. It does have a few issues though, which I hope to get resolved pretty soon.
    • The ignition switch doesn't pop out when I remove the key. I need to somewhat vigorously wiggle the key at the top of the cylinder to get it to pop. I think I've found a solution already, so I hope that works out.
    • The rear parking sensor don't work. The SID says "Parking assistance malfunction" whenever I put the car in reverse.
    • There's a small exhaust leak in the flex pipe.
    • The clock in the navi unit doesn't work. I think that somehow has something to with the Navigation DVD being severly scratched up. (My computer can't even read it). Correct me if I'm wrong.

The equipment that my new[er] Saab has that the 2005 one doesn't have is:
    • Electric seats with memory
    • Heated back seats
    • Navigation unit (makes the interior look so much more modern)
    • Rain sensor
    • E85 support (BioPower). I'm planning on going over the border to Sweden to get some of that every once in a while, as Norwegian petrol stations stopped selling it a few years ago, unfortunately. It's so much cheaper than petrol! Last time I checked, it cost 9.99 SEK/L, whereas petrol costs around 17NOK/L.
    • Side mirror tilt-down function
    • "Turbo boost" gauge
    • Luggage securing net.
    • Folding mirrors (that don't work)
    • Auto dimming rear view mirror (Do the side mirror dim as well?)

I'm looking forward to living with my new Saab. It's definitely an upgrade over my last one.

//Truls Bekk

2. Remove Advertisements
    SaabScene.com
    Advertisements

Re: 2008 Saab 9-5 SC 2.3t BioPower Aut

Hello and a warm welcome aboard the good ship saabscene TruisBekk.
    1) parking assistant failure could be one of the sensors is not working, or control module playing up .
    2) clock in nav not working? Is it showing correct time ? Is it auto updating ? Is it showing at all ?
    If it's not show correct time or not updating time then make sure you are tuned to a good strong known radio station, with RDS function.
    as to door mirrors dimming with interior mirror , yes they should .
    Easy way to see is stick your hand up behind interior mirror there's a sensor , cover it and all 3 mirrors shoukd dim slightly.
    but also you say the door mirrors don't fold , maybe the mirrors have been replaced with non folding / dimming ones , because they are an expensive replacement part .
    MSD REGISTER 26101 NOCTURNO-BLAU-MET

4. Remove Advertisements
    SaabScene.com
    Advertisements