I bought my second Saab today, and it has some issues it needs resolving. I hope this is the right place to get help!
I'm a Norwegian living near Hamar. That's 300km away (as the crow flies) from the Trollhätten Saab factory. I bet that's closer than the majority of members here live to it .
My first Saab is a 2005 9-5 SC 2.0t Aut. I bought in 4 years ago, and it has served me well. I have however for some time wanted a newer Saab, with more equipment. Today was the day!
I bought my second Saab today. A 2008 9-5 SC 2.3t BioPower Aut. First impressions are great. It does have a few issues though, which I hope to get resolved pretty soon.
- The ignition switch doesn't pop out when I remove the key. I need to somewhat vigorously wiggle the key at the top of the cylinder to get it to pop. I think I've found a solution already, so I hope that works out.
- The rear parking sensor don't work. The SID says "Parking assistance malfunction" whenever I put the car in reverse.
- There's a small exhaust leak in the flex pipe.
- The clock in the navi unit doesn't work. I think that somehow has something to with the Navigation DVD being severly scratched up. (My computer can't even read it). Correct me if I'm wrong.
The equipment that my new[er] Saab has that the 2005 one doesn't have is:
- Electric seats with memory
- Heated back seats
- Navigation unit (makes the interior look so much more modern)
- Rain sensor
- E85 support (BioPower). I'm planning on going over the border to Sweden to get some of that every once in a while, as Norwegian petrol stations stopped selling it a few years ago, unfortunately. It's so much cheaper than petrol! Last time I checked, it cost 9.99 SEK/L, whereas petrol costs around 17NOK/L.
- Side mirror tilt-down function
- "Turbo boost" gauge
- Luggage securing net.
- Folding mirrors (that don't work)
- Auto dimming rear view mirror (Do the side mirror dim as well?)
I'm looking forward to living with my new Saab. It's definitely an upgrade over my last one.