Outside air temp.

1. Welcome to Saabscene – General discussion forum for Saab

Welcome to Saabscene - a website dedicated to all things Saab.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Saabscene today!

Thread: Outside air temp.

Saab Newbie

Outside air temp./AC problems

I have a 2006 Aero Vert with 122k miles. The AC does blow at all fan speed but not cold air.
    Noticed that the outside air temperature read out just shows dashes and does not show a temp. Will that effect the AC? How do I fix it if that causes probems?

In addition when I purchased the car the AC relay had been removed. The Condenser had the horn pushed back slightly into it. Condenser has been replaced.

After purchasing and installing AC relay the AC still doesn't work. I have removed the relay for now.

In another post by REZ it was mentioned to jumber between 2 pins where the relay goes. Don't remember the pin numbers but it did turn the compressor on. since replacing the condenser I tried halve hearted the jumber and it didn't turn on the compressor. Probably need to give that a try again.

Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.
    Last edited by DeWain; 10-16-2019 at 09:13 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    SaabScene.com
    Advertisements

Saab Newbie

Re: Outside air temp./AC problems

Sorry Kez not Rez posted the jumper was to go between #37 and 80.

Re: Outside air temp.

Hello DeWain, first thing have you had the air con system re-filled yet ? .
    secondly the outside temperature sensor is located below the front bumper in the grill , looks like a small round sensor about the middle part , see if that's there and you have the wiring connected .
    MSD REGISTER 26101 NOCTURNO-BLAU-MET

5. Remove Advertisements
    SaabScene.com
    Advertisements