2004 9-3 Audio upgrade to 6-disc CD

1. Welcome to Saabscene – General discussion forum for Saab

Welcome to Saabscene - a website dedicated to all things Saab.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Saabscene today!

Thread: 2004 9-3 Audio upgrade to 6-disc CD

Saab Newbie

2004 9-3 Audio upgrade to 6-disc CD

My 2004 9-3 currently has a single disc cd-changer. I have a 6-disc changer successfully divorced from a like 2004 9-3. I've heard a software upgrade via the Tech II is needed to ensure my current radio / audio recognizes the 6-disc changer so it functions correctly. Someone else said to just marry the 6-disc changer to my current radio / audio and it will work. I want to confirm what I need to do to swap the 6-disc into my car. Thank you!

2. Remove Advertisements
    SaabScene.com
    Advertisements

Re: 2004 9-3 Audio upgrade to 6-disc CD

Quote Originally Posted by LakeBobSaab View Post
    My 2004 9-3 currently has a single disc cd-changer. I have a 6-disc changer successfully divorced from a like 2004 9-3. I've heard a software upgrade via the Tech II is needed to ensure my current radio / audio recognizes the 6-disc changer so it functions correctly. Someone else said to just marry the 6-disc changer to my current radio / audio and it will work. I want to confirm what I need to do to swap the 6-disc into my car. Thank you!
    Hello..you can install the Entertainment Head Unit - EHU and marry it with TECH2 to your car...you will be required Security Access..if you have TIS2000 or TISWeb..that would be piece of cake!..the Radio should work fine afterwards. The piece that CAN NOT be removed is the RADIO Display - ICM Module..that one is the hub where I-Bus and O-Bus concur without it the car would be immobilized. Hope this is of help to your project...regards.

4. Remove Advertisements
    SaabScene.com
    Advertisements