1994 9000 CDE NT Project - Page 2

1. Welcome to Saabscene – General discussion forum for Saab

Welcome to Saabscene - a website dedicated to all things Saab.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Saabscene today!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 1994 9000 CDE NT Project

Saab Junior

Re: 1994 9000 CDE NT Project

Slave cylinder rebuild is done and installed with a new dust boot.

Also picked up a new master cylinder to complete the trans project.

2. Remove Advertisements
    SaabScene.com
    Advertisements

Saab Junior

Saab Junior

Saab Junior

Transmission is back in and the clutch is working. No video this time, needed to focus on the work. I am missing 1 bolt for the frame by the steering rack bolt and the two nuts that hold the shifter bushing together. Once I've sorted that out I'll record more video of the project. I'm still waiting for throttle body shaft seals from Sweden to finish the throttle body rebuild. The intermediate shaft tube pulled out of the RH bushing and won't go back in. I'm going to have to get it on a lift to have enough room to work it back together. I'll probably make new fuel lines while it's up in the air as well.

Saab Junior

The throttle body is done. Used some viton orings to fill the packing space on the shaft. Still no word from the vendor on when the v seals will ship from Sweden, if they ever do. It has been about a month since I placed the order and I have gotten no response on requests for updates. I will probably request a cancellation at this point. If it's in the states, it ships fast from eSaabparts.com. If not, it may never ship even if they say it's available elsewhere.

D7MPBZX.jpgyZkHbds.jpgnjwf0e6.jpg

Saab Junior

Last edited by Ryengoth; 12-09-2019 at 10:44 PM.

Saab Junior

Hi,

Did you order your O-rings from Orio in Sweden? I ordered some in September and they took about 3 weeks to get here in the UK.

Good luck and thanks for all the detailed pictures and videos.

Cheers
    Terry

Saab Junior

Yes I did. eSaabParts.com ships a lot of their stuff from Orio. I just got them in (5 weeks later) and it's the same V-ring part# that I took out. Seems to me it's a tad small for the packing space, but that's the OE part I suppose! I have one spare here in the states if anyone needs one. I'm going to keep the o-ring stack in and see how it does over the course of the project. I'd much prefer that over a hard-to-find v-seal like that. Hopefully I will have the car in my garage soon. A few hours a week, about a 30 minute drive away, is not very conducive to project progression when it's this involved. Plus the dyno shop, airport and busy road there just make it a loud place to work and shoot video. The bike project just got moved out back to the shop and I'm starting on purging the garage next. I do NOT look forward to that. I already have 2 pick-up truck loads of pack-rat stuff to haul away just from the shop floor.

Attached Images Attached Images

10. Remove Advertisements
    SaabScene.com
    Advertisements

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12