Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner

95 V6 noise after shutdown

7K views 2 replies 1 participant last post by  rhf411 
#1 ·
Hi all,. 2002 95 6cyl wagon
2 questionsWhat is the small motor sound after ignition off for about 30 SEC's, mine has gotten a bit raspy later and might need replacing after 17 yrs of valiant duty.
2nd: just got a tech 2, love it, 'bout pd for itself already w 3 radio resets. I tripped onto a setting before that gave real-time data on engine performance, temps, cup firings, voltages etc. I can't find them now.
Thanx all!

#2 ·
Hi all, this original post of mine I see got >3K views but not ONE reply!? I've been crazy busy with work and just got back to here and even I think it looks cryptic so I'm going to try again.
This "small motor sound" comes from behind the drivers-side dash. It runs for less than a minute intermittently while driving but always comes on for about 30 seconds, about 30 seconds after I shut off the engine. I'm wondering if this the "Blend-Door" motor returning to it's neutral point? The heat works fine BTW, but this motor sound is getting raspy and a little louder. Wonder too, does the fuel pump cycle after shut down to, IDK, purge the system? I'd be thankful to hear from any 3.0t drivers with some thoughts. Just trying to update my future boneyard list of things to find. Thanks!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.