95 V6 noise after shutdown

1. Welcome to Saabscene – General discussion forum for Saab

Welcome to Saabscene - a website dedicated to all things Saab.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Saabscene today!

Thread: 95 V6 noise after shutdown

95 V6 noise after shutdown

Hi all,. 2002 95 6cyl wagon
    2 questionsWhat is the small motor sound after ignition off for about 30 SEC's, mine has gotten a bit raspy later and might need replacing after 17 yrs of valiant duty.
    2nd: just got a tech 2, love it, 'bout pd for itself already w 3 radio resets. I tripped onto a setting before that gave real-time data on engine performance, temps, cup firings, voltages etc. I can't find them now.
    Thanx all!

2. Remove Advertisements
    SaabScene.com
    Advertisements

Re: 95 V6 noise after shutdown

Quote Originally Posted by rhf411 View Post
    Hi all,. 2002 95 6cyl wagon
    2 questionsWhat is the small motor sound after ignition off for about 30 SEC's, mine has gotten a bit raspy later and might need replacing after 17 yrs of valiant duty.
    2nd: just got a tech 2, love it, 'bout pd for itself already w 3 radio resets. I tripped onto a setting before that gave real-time data on engine performance, temps, cup firings, voltages etc. I can't find them now.
    Thanx all!
    Hi all, this original post of mine I see got >3K views but not ONE reply!? I've been crazy busy with work and just got back to here and even I think it looks cryptic so I'm going to try again.
    This "small motor sound" comes from behind the drivers-side dash. It runs for less than a minute intermittently while driving but always comes on for about 30 seconds, about 30 seconds after I shut off the engine. I'm wondering if this the "Blend-Door" motor returning to it's neutral point? The heat works fine BTW, but this motor sound is getting raspy and a little louder. Wonder too, does the fuel pump cycle after shut down to, IDK, purge the system? I'd be thankful to hear from any 3.0t drivers with some thoughts. Just trying to update my future boneyard list of things to find. Thanks!

4. Remove Advertisements
    SaabScene.com
    Advertisements