Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner

New member saying hi

Tags
3K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  lizzard-t 
#1 ·
HI there

first post from me to the club, I have a 2009 ttid aero convertible in silver. We live near Stockton on Tees and this is my sixth Saab. Previous ones are:

1995 9000 LPT CSE
1994 NG900 16v turbo convertible
1997 9000 LPT CS
2003 95 vector estate
2009 95 tid turbo edition

I have had the ttid for a couple of years now and looking at it as a keeper given it has 100k on it and auto. Spent months looking one and previous owner had invested a lot on the alloys being refurbished and a full Apple car play sat nav installation.

Things I need to do include a small amount of corrosion around rear wheel arches and tonneau area. Drivers side seat bolster is a bit worn. Probably use Alexander’s in Stockton for that.

i quite fancy the Hirsch option with Western Saab but not sure of its worth it. I also have a secret plan that I am keeping from the family to find another 9000- this time an Aero. Trouble is with a series 1 XC90, VW camper and family cars it will hard to hide it.

I went to the Trollhättan museum last year which was great. Bought the 70th anniverary Iconic photo album and saw loads of classics there. Probably going next year as well when I am working over there.

Anyway that’s me and hi to all.

See less See more
#2 ·
Hello and a warm welcome aboard the good ship saabscene Concorde
hide the 9000 behind the camper van and then go out one day and say " you won't believe this but some nomad has dumped a car on our driveway " it may work or it may not . Good luck with trying to hide that , my wife is like a raydar. So I cannot do anything without her knowing.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.