boot wont unlock

1. Welcome to Saabscene – General discussion forum for Saab

Welcome to Saabscene - a website dedicated to all things Saab.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Saabscene today!

Thread: boot wont unlock

Saab Fan

boot wont unlock

I have a 2005 95 sedan and I cant open the boot with the remote control or the switch drivers door.
    I opened it by climbing through the back seat and removing the trim. I tested the actuator on a battery and it looks like it has a dead short, my test leads started to glow, there is also no power at the plug for the actuator when I push the switch, so I suspect something has blown or burnt out.
    The rest of the central locking works ok, when I push the switch on the door I can hear something clicking, so something is working.
    What module drives the boot release and where is it located in the car?
    Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Also can I fit an earlier tail light with a key to give me access to the boot using a key

With thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    SaabScene.com
    Advertisements

Saab Afficionado

Re: boot wont unlock

You will very likely have broken wires in the conduit that runs on the left side of the boot.
    It stresses and flexes when you open close the boot and wires are a bit short.
    If you open the boot you will see it under the left scissor hinge.
    Carefully open it up and you will find a few broken wires inside...not a lot of room to work but it is a very
    common problem on the 9-5 and an easy fix to splice in the breaks.

Saab Fan

Re: boot wont unlock

Thanks for the advice, I read about the issue so I checked for power at the connector in the boot and I cant find power there, that is why I suspect the dead short in the lock actuator has taken something out.

5. Remove Advertisements
    SaabScene.com
    Advertisements