How to lift the rear of 9-3

1. Welcome to Saabscene – General discussion forum for Saab

Welcome to Saabscene - a website dedicated to all things Saab.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Saabscene today!

Thread: How to lift the rear of 9-3

Saab Newbie

How to lift the rear of 9-3

Hi

Is there any way to lift both rear wheels off the ground at the same time with a car jack on a 2008-2011 9-3 TTiD? I want to jack it up so I could put two jack stands under the rear hoist adapter contact points.
    In my case the rear Floor Jack Lift Point is blocked by exhaust pipes - TTiD has two exhausts in the rear. There's no way to access that point without squashing the pipes and I'm unsure to jack any other points in the area.
    lift points.png
    Found some similar threads out there, but none seemed to answer my question.
    Hope anyone here has some tips.

2. Remove Advertisements
    SaabScene.com
    Advertisements

Re: How to lift the rear of 9-3

The way I normally do it is Jack up each side in turn and place axel stand under each trailing arm in turn . making sure you chock the front wheels safety first .

Sent from my Nokia 7.1 using Tapatalk
    MSD REGISTER 26101 NOCTURNO-BLAU-MET

Saab Newbie

You mean that you start by jacking up front right side for example, then place a stand under rear right side jack stand point. Remove the car jack and repeat on left side?
    I was worried that in doing so the jack stand might end up not straight.

If you are working on the rear you jack up either rear left or right first then axel stand that side then repeat the same process on other side .I would recommend using a trolley jack .on the jacking blocks as that's the correct jacking area .if you use any other method then the onus is on you .as safety is paramount .but always chock the front wheels for safety so that the car dose not creap forward

Sent from my Nokia 7.1 using Tapatalk
    MSD REGISTER 26101 NOCTURNO-BLAU-MET

Saab Newbie

I think we use different terms, but we're talking about the same thing.
    Thanks, I'll give it a go this weekend.

7. Remove Advertisements
    SaabScene.com
    Advertisements