Passenger front floor wet

1. Welcome to Saabscene – General discussion forum for Saab

Welcome to Saabscene - a website dedicated to all things Saab.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Saabscene today!

Thread: Passenger front floor wet

Passenger front floor wet

I have a 2009 9-3 2.0T. My passenger front floor board is full of water, as in an inch or more. I have “steam” coming out of the vents. I have tried to clean the a/c drain line but water was already dripping out of it. The leak is from the center console kick panel where the foam goes to the firewall. It isn’t coolant. Level is fine and did a pressure test. Cabin filter is new as is the seal for the box. The drain below the cabin filte has also been cleaned. It hasn’t rained in at least 2 weeks and it started last Saturday. I have a short video of it coming out of where the evaporator core is when the cover is off and up at the front of the a/c box where the blower attaches to it when I took the bottom 4 screws out. Any one have any ideas?
    2007 Saab 9-3 2.0T
    2009 Saab 9-3 2.0T

2. Remove Advertisements
    SaabScene.com
    Advertisements

Re: Passenger front floor wet

The only way for water to get into that location is from the filter box, you changed the seal already, double check the seal was put correctly, remove the box and clean thoroughly, the drains in that section get clogged with leafs and dirt, make sure the drains are completely cleaned, when clogged water stays there for days as it is not in direct sunlight. make sure the box is resealed and apply a good silicon glue to the seal before putting it back in the cowl. All cars with this problem that I have received are completely dry after resealing the box. Clean with dish water soapy water and run A/C to max while spraying Lysol directly to the blower at 10 sec intervals 5-6 times with windows up and doors closed for around 5 min, then turn A/C into RECIRCULATION and leave another 5 min, this will take care of mold and odors. then run A/C. Now you can leave the car in the sun to air dry from inside or get a steam carpet service and clean the whole carpet. do not waste your time, there is no other way for water to come in, the residual water from the evaporator goes out directly thru a channel in the middle of the firewall, if that is NOT clogged and water residues appear on the floor your problem is the filter box. Hope this helps you..regards.

4. Remove Advertisements
    SaabScene.com
    Advertisements