1999 9-3 Faulty 3rd Injector

1. Welcome to Saabscene – General discussion forum for Saab

Welcome to Saabscene - a website dedicated to all things Saab.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Saabscene today!

Thread: 1999 9-3 Faulty 3rd Injector

Saab Newbie

1999 9-3 Faulty 3rd Injector

Hello!

I have a 99 9-3 SE. I've determined that there's an issue with the wiring to my 3rd Injector, similar to the issue described here (https://www.saabscene.com/forum/thre...-circuit-error).
    However, that thread is for a later model, as well as for TiD, which my 9-3 isn't. Does anyone know if the part mentioned there (93189918) is compatible with my car, or have any other suggestions for parts I could get?

Thank you!

(For those curious, I figured out the issue by testing the voltage to ground of each wiring harness. All 4 had the same reading for the hot side, but the 3rd had a way high reading for the ground side, which should've been 0. I also tested the resistance of the plugs, which were all the same, and listened to the injectors firing, which all sounded good)

2. Remove Advertisements
    SaabScene.com
    Advertisements

Saab Afficionado

Re: 1999 9-3 Faulty 3rd Injector

Have you probed the wiring back from the connector to establish a break or corrosion (high resistance) problem.
    I usually do this type of thing sticking a tiny pin in the wire at various points back through the crimps etc
    Best bet is probably a breaker........if its definately the wiring.
    Any Tech2 codes to work with?
    Use the troubelcodes to troubleshoot using the WIS (Tech2 section on Saabcentral)

4. Remove Advertisements
    SaabScene.com
    Advertisements