Telephone interface on 2011 9.3

1. Welcome to Saabscene – General discussion forum for Saab

Welcome to Saabscene - a website dedicated to all things Saab.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Saabscene today!

Thread: Telephone interface on 2011 9.3

Telephone interface on 2011 9.3

Hi Folks, I've got a strange one. The telephone connection on my 9-3 seems to have disappeared. It was there before because I've used the phone in the car but now I can't get it to show up in the SID.
    Any ideas??

2. Remove Advertisements
    SaabScene.com
    Advertisements

Re: Telephone interface on 2011 9.3

Hello Firemac , silly question I know but , have you scrolled through the settings menu to see if it's in there ? . Also have you turned the Bluetooth on , on your phone , and set it to pair with new device to see if it picks up the cars bluetooth? I think it should discover it as EHU .
    If you have done all the above,then you could always do the old trick of disconnecting the car battery for 10 mins , ( make sure the key is not in the ignition at all ) reconnect , put each fob in ignition for 10 seconds , to recync then reset anti pinch protection on front windows , ( drives side first down, up , down up bleep then passenger side the same ) , and see if that brings it back .past that then it could be the Bluetooth module itself.
    MSD REGISTER 26101 NOCTURNO-BLAU-MET

Thanks for the reply, lizzard-t.

I've been through the settings and it's gone. I did think of disconnecting the battery but was a bit worried that the radio would go AWOL as I am not aware of any codes for it.

There are no codes with the Saab units .

That's good to know, lizzard-t. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Firemac View Post
    Hi Folks, I've got a strange one. The telephone connection on my 9-3 seems to have disappeared. It was there before because I've used the phone in the car but now I can't get it to show up in the SID.
    Any ideas??
    Hi, I’ve had the exact same problem... pull the car main battery for a few mins and then it should all come back to normal once reconnected.

Yes. Disconnecting the battery re-booted the SID and the phone's back. Thanks for all the comments.

One thing: my Saab Haynes manual says that you should remove and replace Fuse 5 in the fascia fusebox after re-connecting the battery. I did that only after re-setting the elec window pinch protection system and synching the keys. Everything seems okay but I was wondering why they say to pull that fuse (apparently it is in the door controls circuit)?

At least you got it sorted .
    pulling fuse 5 never heard of that one , I just do as I do above.
    but if MR Haynes say so it must be right .

10. Remove Advertisements
    SaabScene.com
    Advertisements