Recommended audio.

1. Welcome to Saabscene – General discussion forum for Saab

Welcome to Saabscene - a website dedicated to all things Saab.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Saabscene today!

Thread: Recommended audio.

Recommended audio.

Hi all. I have a 2010 93 1.9td vector sport cab and would like to upgrade the stereo.
    I am after good DAB and integral sat nav.
    The amount of sound improvement is not crucial but the way nav needs to work well as my wife doesn't have a mobile and uses the car often.
    I would like all of my steering controls to carry on working if possible.
    Suggestions please would be very welcome.

2. Remove Advertisements
    SaabScene.com
    Advertisements

Re: Recommended audio.

Here you go , used the exact same kit on mine , and trust me if I can do it , anyone can , it keeps steering controls , only thing you will loose when you change the head unit , is the service interval counter , because that's built into the original head unit ,
    with the DAB aerial I used an amplified bee sting FM/DAB aerial due to DAB loosing signal now and again with the stick on type , but that could be due to the area I live in .
    Ooo the link
    https://www.dynamicsounds.co.uk/saab...rch=Saab%209-3
    MSD REGISTER 26101 NOCTURNO-BLAU-MET

That is fantastic thanks. It's 30 years since I fitted a stereo into a car. Where did you get all of you info from for fitting?
    Do the trip computer controls still work, I have heard that they can be a problem.
    Thanks good that it stops the service interval counter too lol.

Hello, trip computers still work .
    the info for fitting ( or removing ) found by a bit of googling .
    the worst aspect of it all is trying to get the centre air vent out without braking it , but google and there's lots of different answers .theres 6 little plastic clips 3 top 3 bottom that can only be seen by shining a torch into the vent .
    Once that's out then there's 2 torx screws at the top of the head unit , remove , lift up and out ,
    un plug old unit . The wiring which converts it all to your new unit is in the link I put up .
    as with anything on the electrical circuit , Safe isolation ( disconnect battery ) make sure key is not in the ignition.
    all instructions come with the kit ,
    all I did was do everything I could do in doors and the go to car and do the rest .
    earthing point I found just behind the old head unit .

OK that is awesome thanks. Now just gotta find a head unit with integral sat nav and DAB.

Thanks for the advice mate.

Try either Eonon or Xtrons , if going for the Chinese market , they are compatible with the link I put up . Don't go for the cheap ones on eBay due to sound and software issues , they are cheap for a reason .
    the 2 makes I put up. Come with all you want and they seem to do a good job .

O.K. I have weighed it all up and I think that there are too many little pitfalls for me to attempt. I have done some digging and kENWOOD DNX5190ABS is £814 fully fitted from Car Audio Centre in Nottingham. The fitting fee is £380 which makes it not worth me messing with. The rest is fittings and cvonnections etc. I'll post up how I find it.

9. Remove Advertisements
    SaabScene.com
    Advertisements