Electric mirrors

1. Welcome to Saabscene – General discussion forum for Saab

Welcome to Saabscene - a website dedicated to all things Saab.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Saabscene today!

Thread: Electric mirrors

Saab Fan

Electric mirrors

The adjustment on both external mirrors on my 9-5 saloon have stopped working. I've checked things as far as I can (just the fuse really) and can't find anything obvious. Any ideas?

Also, and it's probably completely unrelated, the front heated seats don't appear to function.

2. Remove Advertisements
    SaabScene.com
    Advertisements

Re: Electric mirrors

Could be the switch itself
    MSD REGISTER 26101 NOCTURNO-BLAU-MET

Agreed. If they've both stopped working at the same time it's unlikely that it's the mirror motors. If the fuses are OK I'd replace the switch with one of the cheap copies on eBay.

But if it is the motors then copies can be had cheaply off The Bay too.

Saab Fan
    Thanks both, I’ll give that a try. The switch is a Vauxhall part so there should be plenty of them available.

They look uncannily like the vectra B switches
    MSD REGISTER 26101 NOCTURNO-BLAU-MET

My own conundrum is that on the passenger side down is up, up is down, left is right, right is left. Tried swapping the wires on the back of the motor and solved the left/right but any further thinking about the problem just made my brain hurt.

Saab Fan
    In the distant past, I drove a Cavalier and an Omega which both had something very similar.

Anyway, I’ve fixed mine. I found another thread on here that suggested taking the switch apart and cleaning it. With a bit of fine abrasive paper and some contact cleaner I did that and now all is well.

Super Moderator

johnl,

As rich suggests, it is probably the up/down,left/right switch that is defective. You usually find that, if you wiggle the switch in each of the 4 positions and the mirrors will move haltingly. Prise out the switch and gently take it apart. DON'T use sandpaper. I use a little pure alcohol ( vodka or gin works fine ) on the end of a cotton bud. Re-assemble and it should work OK. Almost always the cause.

Paul @ Kippen

10. Remove Advertisements
    SaabScene.com
    Advertisements