2009 1.9TiD

1. Welcome to Saabscene – General discussion forum for Saab

Welcome to Saabscene - a website dedicated to all things Saab.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Saabscene today!

Thread: 2009 1.9TiD

Regular Saab Guy

2009 1.9TiD

Mot due in a month. I have not seen any feedback from fellow threaders reference the DPF / diesel emissions.

Am I correct in assuming that our Saabs have been getting through the 'new' MOT's with to many issues?

2. Remove Advertisements
    SaabScene.com
    Advertisements

Re: 2009 1.9TiD

Hello Airport I don't think anyone lately has had truble with the new tighter laws , , I only know of one about 4 months back with a TTID that failed but he had brought it not knowing the history of what the previous owner had done , I think it transpired the previous owner had in fact done the DPF delete ( which for some reason seems to be the norm on those TTID engines ) . Mines due in April , and I've spoken to the garage I use I they have said they can get mine through with a bit of running around before doing the smoke test , because last year the smoke opacity was 1.45 and the limit for mine is 1.2 ( being non DPF ) . I trust them and they are confident that it will pass give or take a bit of " work " . So I'm in no mood to scrap it ! Because there's nothing wrong with it , and there's nothing at all I want to replace it with . ( better the devil you know ) let us know how you get on , if you have none of the problems associated with DPF problems ( limited performance, failed regens ) then you are good to go !
    MSD REGISTER 26101 NOCTURNO-BLAU-MET

Saab Afficionado

There have been a few cars on Ebay that have failed,however I reckon most of the MOT places dont check as vigorously as they could for practical reasons.
    They really cant have their facility choked up with failed cars it ruins business.
    My 09 1.9 TID SW passed last week with a value of "below limit no smoke" on the test sheet...it was tested to 1.5 (not the plate value which is 0.256) so I dont really
    know what the value was.
    The MOT guy wasnt interested...he also didnt check tyre pressures or the brake fluid...........etc.

I always advise anyone with TID to monitor the DPF (android app "DPF info" and v1.4/5 elm327 dongle) then you know the cars regen cycle and can take the car in for testing
    at the correct point.
    The last thing you want is the car stuck in regen cycle during an MOT test!

My 2007 tid sailed through the emissions test with flying colours. It has 145,000 miles on the clock.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

6. Remove Advertisements
    SaabScene.com
    Advertisements