guaranteed value

1. Welcome to Saabscene – General discussion forum for Saab

Welcome to Saabscene - a website dedicated to all things Saab.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Saabscene today!

Thread: guaranteed value

guaranteed value

ok folks, i have one of only 51 produced RHD ttid xwd vectors made, one of only 5 in the UK.
    my question is, my insurance company are offering a guaranteed price should anything cause it to be write off. the market is set at around 8k for trade.. but... the actual value to an enthusiast is a lot higher. .
    so.. full service history and only 70k miles... drives and feels/looks like new

my personal opinion is a valuation of around 12k.
    but.... as my dad always said ."its only worth what someone is willing to pay".

can you help me , as i haven't got a clue as to its true value to an enthusiast..... and.. based on recommendations... an agreed value will be set for the insurance company.
    "arrrr jim lad,,, tis a fine vessel ye be runnin"

2. Remove Advertisements
    SaabScene.com
    Advertisements

Re: guaranteed value

Hello blindpew, the truble is that the insurance company will look at the car as a bit of metal , and will not value it with the service history and how it drives ,
    being such a unique car to the UK it's hard for anyone to value yours against another of the same age and mileage .
    If you feel that the value is not to your liking you coukd try and see if there are any independent valuers that coukd value it , and give you written value , then send that to your insurance company and see if they will change the value they set .
    but it depends on the value the independent valuers gives it , it may be higher or lower than the figure you think it's worth .
    And also there's the cost of the valuation to consider .
    Try for a start Google to see if there are any website that will give you a value FOC .
    MSD REGISTER 26101 NOCTURNO-BLAU-MET

4. Remove Advertisements
    SaabScene.com
    Advertisements