Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner

Double Y alloys on a 9-5 dame

3K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  Columbo 
#1 ·
Hello all. I'm just wondering if anyone has ever put some double Y wheels onto a facelift 2009 9-5? Mine is a Turbo Edition estate with the standard 17 x 7.5 wheels and 235 tyres, but having looked at the double Y's have noticed they're 17 x 7 with 215 tyres. Would these be ok to fit and could I maybe opt for a wider tyre, 225 maybe or 235 on them? I wouldn't want to fit them and then they look 'lost' and too narrow on the car! Thanks anyway

#2 ·
Generally you should be fine..9-3 wheels usually have an offset of ET41 and 9-5 ET49 so 8mm difference.
There are one or two diffrences..your current wheel I think is ET45
The double Y I think came in both flavours ie for 9-3 and 9-5.
I swap Saab wheels all the time between 9-3/9-5 fitting original 9-5 to an 9-3 means they sit slightly more inside the arch and are less prone to kerbing
which is good when the missus has the car!
If you want to check the wheels before you swap then its worth putting the numbers into the link below for comparison.
https://www.willtheyfit.com/

#3 ·
That's brilliant thank you.
It's nice to have a change isn't it? I was nearly tempted by some Turbo X 18" wheels offered on gumtree recently but at £1250 it was hard to justify. Luckily someone else bought them so the decision was made for me!
Thanks again
Michael

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.