Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner

Truth check Saab wheels 9-3 2007 wagon

3K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  cjapeterborough 
#1 ·
So, I a badly buckled wheel. The tyre and wheel people I have spoken to locally all agree that only Saab wheels should go on Saab cars. In one way that's good, because I don't want to fork out for a whole new set of alloys! Some alloy wheel repair people say they can fix the buckle , but my trusted mechanic is wary of this for safety reasons. And we are safety-conscious people. In Australia we have very limited parts available. Please folks, your thoughts on this are welcome.

#2 ·
Have you tried that well known auction site ?
GM ( or holden) as over there use the same bolt pattern 5/110 so you may be able to pick up a second hand set of alloys to suite , but I never trust the tyres that come with them .
yes there are companies that can repair scuffs , buckles on alloys , but at the end of the day if you not comfortable with the idear then don't do it . Safety is paramount.funnly enough I have a spare one of those but it would be a complete faff and prolly cost the earth to send

#5 ·
I've got a set of Vauxhall 19" VXR wheels on mine and have so for the last year and a half no problems.
also at that point GM had a tie in with Saab , you will also find that parts on Saab are interchangeable with Vauxhall,

#7 ·
Off course you can use any other wheels that fit!
There are also plenty of aftermarket wheels!
For the 07 9-3 they have to have the same PCD ie 5 x 110 and offset ET41 and centre bore 65.1mm
Wheels in the offset range ET35-ET50 approx will also be fine (the 9-5 wheels are interchangeable with offset ET49!)
https://www.wheel-size.com/size/saab/9-3/2007/
Many of the GM vehicles have the same spec for example.
A more comprehensive list of compatible wheels.
https://www.wheelfitment.eu/PCD/5x110/65.1.html

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.