Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner

Audio confussion

3K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  lizzard-t 
#1 ·
2004 Saab 9-5 Linear Wagon 2.3t Factory Radio CD Cassette 7 Speaker Audio. From what I've read 150 watt factory amp. I wanted to add a amp and a single subwoofer I have a 8" Bazooka NOS Bass in a Bottle. After reading Forum after Forum Blogs and watching You Tube videos that feature every Saab model except 9-5 I don't know how to do this on a budget. I doubt I could afford after market system and get the factory radio divorced by a Saab Tech. What I'd like to accomplish is replace old speakers with new ones. What kind of speakers(2 or 3 way, coax, 2 or 4 ohm) will fit in stock locations and improve the sound? About adding a amp and sub would a active line out converter like Audio Control lc2i work with Saab Audio system? does it tie in before factory amp? I read the front door speakers or channel is used for bass? Which ever channel is used if adding 1 sub speaker would the signal be tied off right and left speakers for fade control? I know this is a lot to ask I would appreciate any help. I have found out owning a Saab means maintenance, labor and repair is DIY. I hope this audio project is something I can do. Have a nice day

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.