How to improve Z19DTH engine

1. Welcome to Saabscene – General discussion forum for Saab

Welcome to Saabscene - a website dedicated to all things Saab.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Saabscene today!

Thread: How to improve Z19DTH engine

How to improve Z19DTH engine

Hello everyone,

As it is written on the title i would like to know how to improve performance of my Saab 9-3 Sportcombi 150hp from 2009.

I already have remaped the car, disabled EGR (not by choice) and installed sport air filter. What can i do next ?

I heard about SWIRL flaps removal and DPF removal but does it increase power ?
    I heard as well about injector of 2.4jtd and fuel pressure pomp of 2.4jtd but does it fit/increase HP/NM?

In this video they are able to have 195hp/432NM : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1vxLLNF-5hQ

At the moment i have 183HP/392NM, i would like to be around 200HP/>400NM without changing turbo or exhaust.

Any idea/tips ?

Subsidiary question : How to know if the car is equiped with sport chassis ? I have vector sport model and need to replace suspension because mine are dead and i saw that there are difference in the chassis.

Thank you very much for your assistance.

2. Remove Advertisements
    SaabScene.com
    Advertisements

Saab Afficionado

Re: How to improve Z19DTH engine

Enter you vin at www.thesaabsite.com and in additional details it should tell you the suspension and codes,brake sizes etc
    On the remap its best to have the EGR closed and swirl flaps set premanently open and there is no need to mess with any hardware mods.
    Also most Vectors have the Sports chassis btw

Re: How to improve Z19DTH engine

Cjapeterbrough is right as usual Try that link he put up I did and found out mine has sports chassis Also are you doing shock absorbers and springs ? If doing shocks I can recommend Bilsten b4 And springs if they are original or been replaced with originals then they should have coloured dots on them so,if you look on that well known auction site you should be able to match up like for like Also change top mounts , drop links , and on the fronts there's a plastic sleeve that sits on the bottom of the spring as it goes in the strut cup . Did all mine last year and the difference was amazing .
    MSD REGISTER 26101 NOCTURNO-BLAU-MET

5. Remove Advertisements
    SaabScene.com
    Advertisements