Lost my car key button thingy

1. Welcome to Saabscene – General discussion forum for Saab

Welcome to Saabscene - a website dedicated to all things Saab.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Saabscene today!

Thread: Lost my car key button thingy

Saab Newbie

Lost my car key button thingy

I have lost my Saab 1999 9 3 convertible petrol turbo keys, we have pulled the house apart but still cant find them. I have a spare key but the buttons will not work, I have been quoted by Saab dealer in Sydney that I will have to pay $500 for new button thingy, I went to shopping centre and asked the Cut Key guy and was told they don`t do them. I am asking if the thing I need (button) (do not know correct name) I am asking if anyone can tell me is this the correct price $500 or can I get I get it cheaper elsewhere in Australia ?. Cheers from Maz46

2. Remove Advertisements
    SaabScene.com
    Advertisements

Re: Lost my car key button thingy

Hi,
    which key type is it? Separate fob and key or metal key and buttons as one piece?
    Have you checked the battery in the ones that don't work? If the LEDs blink when you press the button, try the resynch process:
    http://www.saabtechtalk.com/forum/in...p?topic=1132.0

Note if you do get a new one, it will need to be added to your car using TECH 2, so maybe a dealer visit anyway and they charge. If the $500 (I assume AUD) includes the programming, price is not too bad.

Check eBay, but also check the programming-only cost first!

Re: Lost my car key button thingy

Can you start and drive the car with the key you have? If so, your problems are limited. Change the remote battery then try pressing the unlock button 5 times in a row while standing next to the car. That should resync it. If you can't drive the car, we need to go a more complicated route.

You can get a new all-in-1 "cut key" from Orio/Saab for about $50 usd. You can buy used electronic internals on Ebay for $25-$50. Programming in the USA is usually $75. They have to do all the keys at once.

5. Remove Advertisements
    SaabScene.com
    Advertisements