Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner

Brake caliper pretty please

4K views 8 replies 3 participants last post by  Caddyman 
#1 ·
Hi guys I'm having difficulty in getting the right caliper for my 93 2008 vector sport 120bhp 1.9tdi.
It's the n/s (passenger side) front caliper
I look online and they say it will fit my car but it doesn't look the same and takes different spring clip thingies? Any help would be much appreciated.
I can see it has fn3 57/25 stamped into it but that number still comes up with different patients, it's a 15" caliper for a 285 Rota.
Thanks again

#5 ·
It seems that the caliper in the photo you have supplied, isn't the same as either I or aerojon linked you to. Your caliper appears to be the same as fitted to my own car, in which case it uses the thin wire tension spring. So check and then double check which caliper is fitted to your own car. On the caliper I think you have, you should have 781 stamped on it also. If this is the case, ignore the link to the caliper I gave in my previous post.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SAAB-9-3-...el:9-3&hash=item4d34af69e1:g:2~gAAOSw3ZNZ3eKN

You need to be absolutely sure which caliper is fitted to your car

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.