For Sale - Saab 9-3 Aero (2.0L Hot) - 2001 - 5 Door Hatch

1. Welcome to Saabscene – General discussion forum for Saab

Welcome to Saabscene - a website dedicated to all things Saab.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Saabscene today!

Thread: For Sale - Saab 9-3 Aero (2.0L Hot) - 2001 - 5 Door Hatch

For Sale - Saab 9-3 Aero (2.0L Hot) - 2001 - 5 Door Hatch

For Sale - Saab 9-3 Aero - 2001 - 5 Door Hatch

This is a very well cared for and sorted 9-3 in silver and being a Saab enthusiast to my mind the best looking car Saab made, it has currently done 93,300 miles, with two previous owners.

Looking for around £1350, but open to reasonable offers.

The Car
    Being a 17 year old it is in remarkable condition, everything works as it should, which includes the following.
    Heated Front Seats
    Electric Adjustable Front Seats
    Cruise Control
    Automatic Climate Control
    Headlight Wipers (return back to normal position)
    CD Changer in the boot
    TCS
    There are no cracks in either of light or fog light lenses and the fog lights work too.

There have been no problems with the engine, which has always had regular flushes and oil and filter changes using fully synthetic, the engine runs very quiet with plenty of urge.

The full black buffalo leather has no tears or damage (a little wear to the drivers seat) but I feed the leather regularly, the carpets are very clean also, with overmats.

It has the Abbot Racing rescue kit fitted, which improved handling and bulk head flex which was a fault to some degree with this model, which this kit sorts and the car has recently had new shocks and springs from PFS.
    I also had the rear wheel arches painted, but on one side the paint has bubbled and is slowly creeping back (this is a common problem on this model) on the other side I scrapped the edge on my fence post… doh! - See photos

The car has a comprehensive history with all of receipts for work carried out and benefits from the following over the last 3 years (I have owned the car for 6 years, so receipts for all work dating back, plus stamped service history).

More photos can be seen here: https://mikethornley.smugmug.com/Saab-9-3-Aero/

Service Work
    28/7/17 - New DI Cassette and Spark Plugs, oil and filter change (92,911, miles)
    8/12/16 - Full service and MOT (89,027 miles)
    19/4/16 - New shocks and springs from Parts for Saab
    10/9/15 - Oil service with flush, all fluids checked, new air compressor & re-gas, brakes stripped, check and clean (84,666 miles)
    25/11/14 - Full service, with all filters, rear pads, wiper blades, new brake fluid, exhaust flexi pipe replaced (81,675)

Additions
    Wheels fully refurbished to a high standard with new Saab centre badges
    Goodyear F1 tyres all round.
    New stainless brake hoses
    New bonnet and boot badges
    New battery
    MOT which expires in December 2017

Reason for sale
    This is a very reluctant sale, I have owned Saabs for the last 20 years and this is the one I have liked the most, (I sold a 9-3 Saloon to buy this car) as I took these pictures I’m still having second thoughts as this car still looks so right to me, so its a big wrench to sell.
    But I need a commercial vehicle for my business and cannot justify the cost of running two vehicles. (Can’t convince my partner to drive the 9-3 either instead of her Focus).
    As you can see its well cared for, genuine car, that has not had a hard life and these days quite individual and very practical, which is why I always liked Saabs, so it will be sad not to own a Saab as this will probably be my last.

Finally
    The car can be viewed at my place of work, please only contact me if you are genuinely interested, no test drives given, but happy to take you for a drive.
    Please message me with your details and I will get in touch
    Car is located near Sheffield

Thank you.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by MikeT1964; 09-08-2017 at 05:21 PM. Reason: Picture

2. Remove Advertisements
    SaabScene.com
    Advertisements

Re: For Sale - Saab 9-3 Aero (2.0L Hot) - 2001 - 5 Door Hatch

Hello could you upload a picture of your user name and date photo taken and attach to the car , to bring advert in line with current rules ,
    As soon as possible or I wil have to delete the advertisement
    Many thanks .
    Paul
    MSD REGISTER 26101 NOCTURNO-BLAU-MET

Hi Paul

Sorry I don't follow about a picture of my username, where do I get this from, how do I do this?
    And how do I add dates to the photos

Thanks
    Mike

PS: Can I edit the ad before make it live?

Sorry , just get a piece of paper and write on it your user name , and date and attach to the car and take photo and upload your advert is live .
    MSD REGISTER 26101 NOCTURNO-BLAU-MET

Picture now changed as requested.

Lots of views, very little interest, this really is a nice 9-3. The car is now running as an auction on eBay if anyone is interested.

8. Remove Advertisements
    SaabScene.com
    Advertisements