Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner

Lack of power.

Tags
lack
4K views 11 replies 4 participants last post by  kez 
#1 ·
Morning all. I have a 2008 9.5 tid that has done 128000 miles.
It has developed a problem that when you accelerate the engine management light comes on and it goes into limp mode. You can stop the car switch the ignition back on and all is well until it happens again. which can be any time. the light goes off by itself and it is quite confusing. I had a mechanic come around last night with his tech2 machine and the reading said linking error. It is a bit confusing and would appreciate any help that could be given Regards hamble110

#2 ·
Linking error could mean anything from the mechanics Tech2 being faulty to not being able to talk to the car due to an internal fault.
I would buy a simple ELM327 OBD2 dongle(£5) or opcom (£10-15) and see if you can get engine information at least that will tell you the mechanic likely had a problem with his Tech2 .

without any codes you problem could be anything but you could do all the usual maintenance cleaning checks on the inlet eg remove and clean EGR/MAP sensor,check swirl flap operation and all boost pipes and intercooler for splits/leaks

#3 ·
Hi. Thanks for that. I have bought a cheap code reader and it says the same.
I cleaned the erg valve 3 weeks ago and i will clean the others tomorrow.
What confuses me is how the eml corrects itself. The mechanic says he has not seen that before. i will keep you informed.
Thanksd again.

#4 ·
check the pins are located corrected within the diag connector from the back,sometime they can get pushed out if the connector on the reader isn't pushed in straight..

#8 ·
did he do any other checks as advised by tech2 or wis

I'm assuming your ecu is edc16 and p0087 is engine shut off through low fuel pressure in the fuel rail which could indicate the regulator also worth checking fuel pump imo or blockage
p0494 as far as I can see is not a valid edc16 code

#10 ·
Hi again. Sorry for the delay.The service was done 9 months ago.I cannot find a regulator the same as mine. Any help please.I found a sensor and fitted it and now the car wont run at all.I put the old one back in but no success.The codes on my cheap fault finder now comes up with p0087 and p0090. I believe that is low pressure on the rail.
Here is a story for you. About a month ago my wife was driving the car when it stopped and she could smell diesel. the mechanic came out and found the fuel line from the top of the tank had blown off and filled the top of the pump recess full of diesel and it was pouring onto the road. his repair was to cable tie the pipe onto the exit port so it could not come off. 4-5 days later the problems started with the limp mode scenario.I never thought about it but could it be connected? Regards Tony

#11 ·
I think you know the root of the problem....you need to check the integrity of the fuel pipes up to the filter and then check the pressure on the fuel rail.
If the fuel filter change has been bodged(was it changed?) for example something may have been broken in the process as the housing bracket is plastic

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.