AMP 1 Woes

1. Welcome to Saabscene – General discussion forum for Saab

Welcome to Saabscene - a website dedicated to all things Saab.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Saabscene today!

Thread: AMP 1 Woes

AMP 1 Woes

my car has been stood for a while, approx 6 months, replace battery as it was 4 years old and would not hold a charge. trickle charge purchased along with a new Exide battery 62ah and 580cca (30% off at ECP so happy days) £ 55.00 incl

OK, so fired car up started first touch of the key, i have started it and run it once a month or driven it short distances.

running through a thorough check of what works and does not and so far AMP 1 is not working!
    Red lights flashing inside the amp but no output.

1) Is there a relay and which fuse (plus location would be handy)
    2)how do i remove it to check the contacts and for corrosion? IS IT A SEAT OUT JOBBIE AND I CAN ONLY SE THE TWO TORX ON THE REAR RAILS OF THE FRONT PASSENGER SEAT, WHAT AM I MISSING?
    3) Anyone do repair to amp 1's, not a bypass as i have good uprated speakers (JBL's) in doors and centre dash) and do not want to loose them.
    4) anything i have missed or just hit it with a hammer?

TIA

FWIW am enjoying my new S40 T3R then i jump in my aero and realise what i am missing, with the noobtune and uprated suspension (has the bigger brakes around too which helps) it still has that grin factor. It is still a great car and an easy match for modern machinery in terms of refinement and more than a match for most 'quick' cars. Its staying!

TIA
    Last edited by the zohan; 02-19-2017 at 09:36 AM.

We do not stop playing because we grow old; We grow old because we stop playing.

2. Remove Advertisements
    SaabScene.com
    Advertisements

Re: AMP 1 Woes

There should be a solid red light inside the amp . Not a flashing one .
    When I removed mine I remember someone saying it can be removed with seat in place , well I tried and it was easier to take seat out , because the connector is tight and no give in the wiring loom .
    As far as I can remember there's one torx screw for the amp .
    The seat has 2 torx at rear in the rails , and of course the lower mount for the seatbelt is attached ,
    Oooooooo and don't forget the large multi plug under the seat , it takes longer to explain than doing it ,
    Once both seat bolts are out slide seat forward a bit and tilt backwards ,
    Do you still have indicators tick ticking ?
    one side of the amp should have the optic fibre output so should be showing a bright light ( best viewed on a piece of card cos I thing it's a kinda lazier .
    First stick the amp in a warm environment ( airing cupboard or such like )
    Check the bottom of it for corrosion that's a killer of thease .
    MSD REGISTER 26101 NOCTURNO-BLAU-MET

Re: AMP 1 Woes

Thank you, yes, Two red solid lights which is good so its getting signal.

I need a t50 torx to remove the seats which i shall invest in as i do not have one anyhow. have to say since having a stroke my right arm/hand is more of a hinderance than a help at times!

when the battery faild the relays went apeshit clicking madly for 20 sec until i could dissconect the battery - could have popped a relay or fuse, given the amp is 150w rated i would have though there would be a relay given its a 12v system 30a fuse.

so i think what i am getting at through trying to work through a process of elimination Is there a relay? Ive checked every 30a fuse in the car - bonnet, boot & end of dash and all OK as i could not work out which actual fuse was the amp. gratful if somone can fiull me in on location and fuse number/position.

My money is on damp/corosion TBH and have read up on how to fix if not too badly gone but before i take it out am wondering if there is a relay or am i missing a fuse...
    Last edited by the zohan; 02-19-2017 at 11:51 AM.

We do not stop playing because we grow old; We grow old because we stop playing.

5. Remove Advertisements
    SaabScene.com
    Advertisements