Silver 2010 Aero TTiD - Page 2

1. Welcome to Saabscene – General discussion forum for Saab

Welcome to Saabscene - a website dedicated to all things Saab.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Saabscene today!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Silver 2010 Aero TTiD

Re: Silver 2010 Aero TTiD

image.jpg
    I got this , yet another bargain from that well known auction house.
    It's a bi-sexual vacuum tester and break bleeder ? So it states , only usage will tell ,
    MSD REGISTER 26101 NOCTURNO-BLAU-MET

2. Remove Advertisements
    SaabScene.com
    Advertisements

Saabisti

The sun came out. Why does a car always feel nicer to drive when its clean?

IMG_3035.jpg IMG_3039.jpg IMG_3031.jpg

TPMS light is out Went out on the second journey.
    Last edited by richfr; 02-18-2017 at 02:09 PM.

Saabisti

Had the satnav in bits today to clean the lazer properly wasnt sure the discs touch it as you cant select tracks.
    IMG_3041.jpg
    All back together and the new dvd still doesnt work lets hope the replacment does.

Then I flushed and replaced the coolant. Changed the air and cabin filter. Tried to change the fuel filter but I ordered the wrong one car is a 2010 but has the older canister filter.
    Sorted the gear linkage who ever changed the clutch/flywheel had broken a loom clip and the wiring was pressing against the linkage. Hope that’s not the cause of the engine light didnt look damaged but nightmare to get at the loom there.
    2010 93 Aero TTiD Manual

Saabisti

Quick update
    I had a slight misfire at times and the EML light came on when driven hard. Had 2 codes come up in opcom.

Turns out the throttle body is knackered the gears are completely stripped inside it was seized solid.
    The other was injector 2 no communication. The plug is damaged. Garage must have damaged it when they changed an injector seal got a receipt just before I got it, they have broken the connector then bent the pins in to try make a contact

How it drove so well with these two faults is crazy should go even better when fixed.

While it was in bits yesterday cleaned the EGR, EGR pipe and MAP sensor. EGR wasn’t bad at all but the pipe was fairly blocked as was the MAP sensor.

Today ordered a new throttle body, injector plug and some gearbox oil from Neo Brothers then fitted the rear discs/pads and cleaned the callipers up a bit.

Just waiting for the oil pick up seal hopefully that will arrive tomorrow then the sump is coming off
    2010 93 Aero TTiD Manual

Saabisti

Been one of those couple of weeks everything has going wrong at home, car, work etc.

Not had internet/phones for 9 days and no sign of them fixing it got a 3g+ box working at the moment.

Anyway the car, throttle body and injector wiring replaced, Fuel filter done, front pads changed and callipers cleaned up.

Sump off and cleaned out to replace the oil feed seal.
    Found this in the sump

photo.JPG

On a plus side sump was very clean inside and since putting it back together no low oil pressure warnings the old seal was rock hard.
    New Mobil 1 oil/filter, gear box oil and resealed the down pipe I am amazed at the crap work by the previous garage using old gaskets not cleaned up no washers bolts missing etc. had to raid my spares box for bolts washers they had not put back.

Intercooler had water in it but only the outlet side maybe it was washed with the pipework off or left in the rain god knows the inlet side was clean. Used a hair drier on the inlet and heat gun do dry it out. That’s probably what killed the throttle body gunk dropped into it.

Needed to remove the started to get the sump off it was a little noisy and on inspection was f**ked the bearing had failed so got a refurb unit.

Car now runs excellent loads more torque low down and power at the top no lights or codes.

Then today the driver’s drive shaft started knocking guess all the grease on the wheel rim means none left in the CV so will repack that tomorrow hopefully without removing the shaft.

A lot/Most of the problems with this car where caused by a crap garage/mechanic can’t believe they get away with it.
    2010 93 Aero TTiD Manual

So what are them bit you found on the pic?

Saabisti

Rocker roller and needle bearing rollers left over from a broken rocker after a cambelt failure another bad job from the garage. Was told it broke on tick over and only cracked 1 rocker but all 16 had been replaced.
    All are intact dropped into the sump without hitting or going anywhere bad.

The grease coming out of the CV joint is very clean so I guess that’s another bad job by the garage probably had a new boot, it’s coming out of the gaiter where it seals so it can’t be tight enough
    2010 93 Aero TTiD Manual

That is bad , on all counts !
    Who did the job ? Jerry cottles Magic flying circus
    MSD REGISTER 26101 NOCTURNO-BLAU-MET

Saabisti

Quote Originally Posted by lizzard-t View Post
    That is bad , on all counts !
    Who did the job ? Jerry cottles Magic flying circus
    S&P Motors
    28 Swan Road
    Washington
    NE38 8JJ

Just sent them a message asking to confirm what work they have done will leave a review on their facebook page if they confirm they have done it.
    2010 93 Aero TTiD Manual

Saabisti

Had a run to the UK and back 1500ish miles the car behaved perfectly.
    When I got back I could smell fumes in the cabin when you stop at lights etc and could hear a tappet type noise outside. Not in the car the sound insulation in these cars is brilliant.

Removed the engine cover and no2 injector is chuffing that’s the one the garage had changed (and damaged the wiring harness) just before I got the car.
    Pulled injector out today and the copper washer on the head side is covered in carbon about .5mm thick. When the washer was changed the garage can’t have reamed a new seat and the washer just sat on all the old carbon.
    Another cheap easy fix but seriously how can one garage get so much wrong
    2010 93 Aero TTiD Manual

Saabisti

And she is running again,

Old injector came out easy enough cut a new seat but had to wait a few days and ordered a new torque wrench as mine didn’t go down as low as required.

On reassembly noticed the threads on the fuel rail pipe didn’t look right and of course they stripped as soon as I put pressure on it must have been over tightened last time just to the point of stripping

Replacement sent to France from RonSaabLeeds £60 all in and a Euro for the seal from a local motor factors and its running again
    2010 93 Aero TTiD Manual

Saabisti

Had the rear windows tinted when I was in the UK looks so much beter.
    New French white plates also look good.

20170516_174024-2.jpg
    2010 93 Aero TTiD Manual

Saabisti

Some of the trim inside was scratched, the door handles and window controls worn so have got rid of the silver and gone carbon looks a lot better.

20170617_112647-2.jpg 20170617_112707-2.jpg 20170617_112718-2.jpg

When I had the glove box out noticed some of the dash was cracked behind it after repairing it annoying vibration/rattle has gone.

Might do the silver on the steering wheel but can’t be bothered taking the airbag off at the moment.
    2010 93 Aero TTiD Manual

Hi richard. Hope the cars going well now you have spent a small fortune on it. Hope you havent came across anymore "shit garage work problems!" It's coming well. You got anymore updates?

Btw it's michael the lad who you bought the car off.

Yes lads i do feel terrible for the things that have been wrong but i was honest with the things i knew about.

Saabisti

Hi mate she is running well now.
    I had the DPF blockage issues a while ago probably caused by the big induction hose spliting and I had to drive it home like that. I cleaned it once then gutted the DPF. I got a Kess ECU reader/righter and found somebody that could map the DPF and EGR out so cost about £300 all in. He also did a performance map for me so its running bit more power now approx 200bhp but the extra torque is brilliant much nicer to drive. Fuel economy is around 50mpg @ 80mph on a run.
    Had a spring snap few weeks ago (the new one you had changed) so have changed both of them along with the drop links as they where starting to knock a bit.

Not done any of the bodywork yet I did get the paint so might do it in the summer. The damage on rear arch and the front wings just starting to bubble along with painting the wheels.

You back in a Saab?
    2010 93 Aero TTiD Manual

17. Remove Advertisements
    SaabScene.com
    Advertisements

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12