Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner

My first car!

2K views 8 replies 3 participants last post by  Pentagram 
#1 · (Edited)
Well this is my first car. Not long passed my test and got a 93 '05 1.9 TiD. I've done the standard kiddie things and jumped right onto changing it visually.

My first week I tinted my rear lights, about 8 coats of nite shade black and 5 or 6 coats of clear lacquer. And removed badges.
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Sedan Mid-size car

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Mid-size car Sedan

This was a really quick test to see if I liked the wheels black(were the standard stock silver). So I sprayed them with 2 coats plastidip(ran out) while still on the car and then some clear lacquer over that. Drip marks on them but i think look 100x better. Plan to take them off and re-do them properly with more lacquer so they wont fade.
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Mid-size car Luxury vehicle

Plastidipping the chrome grill. It looked so good until I slipped cleaning it off the outside and ripped part of it off :'(
Vehicle Car Bumper Family car Windshield

Then sound! I had the basic sound package which is truly awful! 2 12'' Subs in the boot with 2 amps, 2 6x9's in parcel shelf, 2 Tweeters, 2 Compounds in the front and an EQ. Contemplating getting a radio just for ease of use and not having to use the aux cable.
Car Vehicle City car

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Trunk Family car

Just TLCing it now with back to black products on trim etc. Thinking about moving into performance side of things but I know nothing of cars and I keep getting told not to waste money on a diesel =/
Thanks for looking! :)

See less See more
#2 ·
I know someone who got a vehicle defect form off the police for having lights tinted very similar to those,not to mention they would have also failed an MOT..Aux port is an in not out...the audio in the MY03-06 9-3 is fibre optic fed..there are no fascia kits available..

#3 ·
Radio would be Bluetooth hence not needing the aux cord. Just annoys me having wire hanging out. What do you mean no fascia kits? Can remove the cd player at the bottom and put a 2dhin in that?
Yeah I thought about that when I was spraying my brakelights. Plenty of factory cars have darker so I'm tempted to go a few shades darker. I bought brighter bulbs and it's more visible than previous at least.
I plane to remove most the chrome in my headlights and black behind the lights.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.