Chinese Android 2Din installed but frequently reboots if radio antenna plugged in????

1. Welcome to Saabscene – General discussion forum for Saab

Welcome to Saabscene - a website dedicated to all things Saab.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Saabscene today!

Thread: Chinese Android 2Din installed but frequently reboots if radio antenna plugged in????

Question Chinese Android 2Din installed but frequently reboots if radio antenna plugged in????

Hi Guys,

I have just installed a Chinese 2Din Android head unit but it frequently reboots with the Antenna plugged in, strangely rock solid if I don't plug the antenna in but of course I don't then have radio.

I have got the antenna powered from the stereo and am using a Fakra adapter which is also powered. When I first installed I used a none powered Fakra adapter and hadn't powered the antenna from the stereo and it kept rebooting constantly. I then installed the powered Fakra adapter and it rebooted less frequently but reception was rubbish. I then also powered the antenna using the head unit to original antenna power cable from the oem harness and the reception got a lot better but the unit still reboots more often than not a few mins after the initial startup and once it's rebooted itself then I have no sound or even hiss on the radio until I cold boot the unit.

I don't understand why or how the antenna could cause the unit to reboot as I've checked and it's not like I'm getting any voltage backfeed down the antenna cable to the head unit.

I might go down the route of replacing the current antenna to see if that fixes the issue but before I spend more time and money does anyone have any idea what could be causing this?

2. Remove Advertisements
    SaabScene.com
    Advertisements

Re: Chinese Android 2Din installed but frequently reboots if radio antenna plugged in

I've now just fitted one of those cheap hidden antenna's and it seems far more stable (but signal rubbish), it still reboots but only once every other day now. When it reboots itself then no radio until a cold boot. Think it's time to return for replacement.

Re: Chinese Android 2Din installed but frequently reboots if radio antenna plugged in

Sounds like a software issue with the headunit. Have you tried updating to the latest version of Android, if possible? or try resetting back to factory settings?

Saab Junior

I'm thinking of buying one of these, did you ever get it sorted?

Was it a Joying box, or a Pumpkin, or something else?

Quote Originally Posted by yoyo42 View Post
    I'm thinking of buying one of these, did you ever get it sorted?

Was it a Joying box, or a Pumpkin, or something else?
    I have this and can highly recommend it, although there is probably a better and newer model out now

http://www.eonon.co.uk/2-Din-Car-GPS/GA2114.html

Saab Junior

You saying that drove me to investigate a bit more.

It looks like there are quite a few variants which are basically the same innards in different combinations, and with different front panels. Because the non-radio/amp/dvd player bit of it is a plain Android box the Android hacker community have been in there as well.

This looks like a good starting point if anyone is interested.

8. Remove Advertisements
    SaabScene.com
    Advertisements