Avantree cara II bluetooth 4.0 stereo hands free car kit

1. Welcome to Saabscene – General discussion forum for Saab

Welcome to Saabscene - a website dedicated to all things Saab.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Saabscene today!

Thread: Avantree cara II bluetooth 4.0 stereo hands free car kit

Red face Avantree cara II bluetooth 4.0 stereo hands free car kit

Ok so you look on that well known auction site and there are lots around for little money .
    I did not want one that utilised your fag lighter and stuck out like a frankenfurter .
    And seeing as I have AUX input , I wanted something that could stream my music via Bluetooth from my fone .
    So read a review and saw a vid on YouTube ,with this guy I stalling this in 10 mins flat .
    Saw one on the auction site , and brought it .
    Well today I'm amazed is an understatement .
    Comes in a small box . Head unit no bigger than a watch face .
    Comes with micro usb power lead . ( short ) but if you want can buy longer ones on that auction site .
    Fag lighter power plug , and a 3.5mm lead both male ends .
    And a extension lead for the above ( male female )
    And basic instructions
    Within 5 mins had it set up and streaming music ( Bluetooth pairing is a doddle )
    The only thing is with my phone ( Microsoft lumia 550 )
    You can't change tracks or stop music ,unless you have the lock screen on the fone .
    So once working , I installed it in a place where it was nice and tidy and no cables showing ( see pics )
    Also phone wise it works the microfone is built in , but sound from caller co es out of speakers .
    If you want it tidy like me basic tools ( battery drill 10mm wood bit ( not spade type )
    And a small torx bit yo unscrew side panel on transmission tunnel.
    And some thick wire to get cable from dash to side panel ( fishing)
    Well worth the £22,00 plus postage . 10/10
    I might as well state . I'm not affiliated with Avantree and do not get paied .
    This is my own personal review , for people who may want something cheap but effective .
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    MSD REGISTER 26101 NOCTURNO-BLAU-MET

2. Remove Advertisements
    SaabScene.com
    Advertisements

Saabisti

Re: Avantree cara II bluetooth 4.0 stereo hands free car kit

Nice find there Lizzard.

I was able to re-purpose an old phone for my Dad's 9-3. I fitted the Aux kit for him (~£50 for a cable!!!), then set the phone up to auto play/pause when it's powered from the cigarette socket in the arm-rest.
    I turned off the phone & wifi & Bluetooth radios in the phone basically turning it into a glorified MP3/WMA/FLAC player and because it uses such little power now it lasts about a week on battery.

Dad just jumps in, turn the key and the phone wakes up and starts playing his music down the AUX line.

I intended to make an instruction post on how I did it but never got around to it....

Frank.

Done a good job but i think you may have over thought it. Before i fitted my android headunit, I just used something similar to this http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/3-5mm-Blue...IAAOSwhOVXfO0r Battery lasted a few days or it could be plugged in to a phone charger

Captainfrank, I would love to know how you did that for your fathers car , that would be very interesting.
    C2kev I see what you mean about me over thinking it . Iwas looking at them but I get a bit anal about things sticking out too far . Then I saw the one I brought , and it just looked right to me .
    The only thing is I had to drill an oversized hole to get the head of the 3.5mm plug through the dash panel . But I'm working on making the hole look smaller .
    MSD REGISTER 26101 NOCTURNO-BLAU-MET

Something like this but black?Look at this on eBay http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/251754689037

Saabisti

Quote Originally Posted by lizzard-t View Post
    Captainfrank, I would love to know how you did that for your fathers car , that would be very interesting.
    C2kev I see what you mean about me over thinking it . Iwas looking at them but I get a bit anal about things sticking out too far . Then I saw the one I brought , and it just looked right to me .
    The only thing is I had to drill an oversized hole to get the head of the 3.5mm plug through the dash panel . But I'm working on making the hole look smaller .
    It's fairly straight forward once you know how (most things are, I imagine!!!)

The phone now lives in the arm rest along with a USB charger and the AUX socket & Cable.
    On the phone, I installed VLC as the music player because it plays MP3's, WMA's & FLAC's (my Dad has an extensive music collection).
    I then installed a program called Camel (I think) which allows you to define various events & actions. I configured it to "Play" on charging and "Pause" on battery.
    As I said before with all the radios turned off, it's battery lasts a week on Pause and automatically Plays and charges when the ignition is on.

The only real problems is that you can't fast forward or go to the next track. All you can do is adjust the volume up or down, but since that's where SAAB put the AUX socket I can only imagine this is exactly how they intended it!

Frank.

8. Remove Advertisements
    SaabScene.com
    Advertisements