Airbag Control Module Problem

1. Welcome to Saabscene – General discussion forum for Saab

Welcome to Saabscene - a website dedicated to all things Saab.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Saabscene today!

Thread: Airbag Control Module Problem

Saab Newbie

Airbag Control Module Problem

Good Morning
    I have a 2005 9-3 4 door Aero that I purchased used. It had been in a collision where the passenger side front airbag deployed. The previous owner did all the repairs and did a fantastic job but I can't get the airbag light off. The airbag control module has been replaced with a used one. The part number has been verified to be correct. A shop with a Tech 2 attempted to reset light and mentioned that apparently the replacement module has a deployment code as well. So they tried 3 different modules and now they said that the module I need is absolutely specific to a 2005 Saab 4drsd Aero because it is saying that the battery disconnect circuit breaker was deleted on only this year and model. The parts car that I have, has the breaker with the yellow button on the positive post, but my car does not. What module do I need? Where is my disconnect breaker? I really want to get the airbag system back to functional status.

Thanks for any HELP.

2. Remove Advertisements
    SaabScene.com
    Advertisements

Re: Airbag Control Module Problem

Hello wiggysaab . First off ive moved the post to the correct workshop .
    I had that same señorita with my 9-3 diesel , the Code was for battery disconnect .
    But mine was a diesel so it woukd not have battery disvonnect .
    In the end it turned out to be the CIM was at fault .
    I tryed 2 modules both the same part number and still the battery disvonnect ,
    MSD REGISTER 26101 NOCTURNO-BLAU-MET

Saab Newbie

Ok. Thanks so much for putting it where it belongs. Problem is, I'm new to forums and I don't know where to post this stuff. The previous owner totally replaced the dash and had the CIM out. Could it be that it was damaged or reinstalled wrong? Then that would require a new ignition also?

If he used a cim off a different car then he would have to use the ignition key off that said car ( the cim and remote key are paired )
    I would get the fault codes read to assertain how many codes and what aera the problem lies in.
    There are company's in the UK that will clear crash data from the control module ,
    See if a Google search helps with that one .
    Also on that well known auction site , .
    But seeing as you are US based best to search your end .

Saab Newbie

Thank You lizzard-t. I hope that's what it is. I have a complete spare car so I will have my shop replace the CIM and key and see if that solves it.

Saab Newbie

Good Morning to all! The problem was fixed! Shop said they replaced the module with an EXTREMELY expensive used one but then mentioned that there was a connector under drivers seat that wasn't connected properly. Not sure if the module was bad or not. Just happy that my daughter is safe now! That really is the important part!
    Thanks All

Glad you got it sorted , that connector under the drivers seat could well be the seat position sensor , it is a known fault , but they are a pig to find cod they lurk on the inner seat rail at the front and normally come detached whilest moving the seat backwards and forwards ( ie hoovering the car out ) and of course people start to panic .

9. Remove Advertisements
    SaabScene.com
    Advertisements