Looking to tune

1. Welcome to Saabscene – General discussion forum for Saab

Welcome to Saabscene - a website dedicated to all things Saab.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Saabscene today!

Thread: Looking to tune

Looking to tune

Hey guys. So Ive been working hard and have some spare pennies. I was thinking about tuning my vector tid 150bhp 2006. Ive got about 250 quid to spend. I'm looking for more power and economy. What would you recommend?

2. Remove Advertisements
    SaabScene.com
    Advertisements

Re: Looking to tune

Power or economy, any one that tells you that you can have both is full of sh!t. Up your budget, go for a remap and DPF removal if you have one fitted. Don't be tempted by a tuning box/chip

Saab Newbie

Re: Looking to tune

Not sure if you're still looking, but I recently did a Maptun stage 1 on my '01 93 and have had not only a huge increase in power and torque but also a noticeable improvement in fuel economy too. So you certainly can have both power and economy. Not sure how much a Maptuner would be for your spec of car, but it will pay for itself in no time at all (particularly with a diesel I expect) and improve your driving enjoyment. Deal with the ECU before spending on hardware that won't really work without it. But be warned - it's a very slippery slope once you get started!

5. Remove Advertisements
    SaabScene.com
    Advertisements