Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner

2003 9-3 Aero 2.0L Noobtune

Tags
20l noobtune
8K views 8 replies 8 participants last post by  lizzard-t 
#1 · (Edited)
#2 ·
Several weks on. i had an issue (explained on the sai delete thread) nothing to do with the remap other than limiting power.

Now i have access to the remap in each gear the transformation is amazing. the map really suits the engine and in my case the 5spd auto which even left to its own devices in auto is fun to drive. my car covers ground quickly and without fuss or a lot of noise. its a proper sleeper which is what i wanted. I have the bigger brakes (314)mm fronts and Hirsch suspension (only covered around 30k so feels tight) which helps in the handling and braking departments, which, imho the car needs with the extra injection of horses and torques! Accelleration is instant and a massive improvement over standard, it is very noticable. the engine was already torquey for its size but the increse is a welcome addition.

I can hand on heart thoroughly reccommed Karl aka Noobtune, i know he only deals with petrol models but does quite a number of different ones. He's a nice guy to deal with and from removing my ecu (he sent comprehensive instructions on how to) to refitting with the new map took a massive THREE DAYS! including postage. He'' also map the ecu in situ by appointment i believe.

I know this sounds like an advert, its not really, but credit where credit is due.

#5 ·
I was up at Karl's 3 weeks ago with my 9-5 Aero & my daughter's boyfriend took his 9-3 Aero ECU..... & all I can say is SWEET SISTER what a transformation on both car's.
In my 9-5 when it's wet I have to leave TC on as a week or so ago I went to overtake a car in second gear at about 25mph..... put my foot down turbo spooled up,,, wheel spin,,, up to third,,,,,same again turbo spooled wheel spin & at one point when she spinned in second the car I was overtaking started to gain a few feet on me....... I can't think of the last time I've enjoyed & had so much fun in.
The best money you could ever spend on your car...

#7 ·
TTIDs are easily custom remapped....contact Teapot (Vectra C forum) or Teapots(UKSaabs forum) there isnt much he doesnt know about the diesel engines. As an enthusiast he provides a similar service to Karl at relatively low cost.

I have sent him three ECU's to tweak over the past year and the results have been excellent.

I know he is thrashing one of his Insignia's around the Nurbergring this week....so might take a day or two to respond.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.