Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner

2002 - 2006 auxilary pinout for mp3 player

6K views 2 replies 1 participant last post by  New saab owner - 
#1 · (Edited)
Hi all,

I have an post as required for new accounts, but seems to have gone stale.
Floor plan Diagram Line Parallel Plan
Arrow points to the aux 2 port on the back of head unit.

Have had aux enabled via tech2 unit.
I have made a cable with the 3 connectors to connect to the pins, but need to know where to put them without damaging any components or head unit / stereo.
radio is single cd model with no lcd display/sat nav etc ....
I have looked online but there seems to be many broken links which would have pics etc :(

If anyone has a tried and tested answer would be appreciated. :)

Previous thread if interested:
http://www.saabscene.com/forum/threads/230258-New-to-saab

Many thanks in advance,

See less See more
#2 ·
Just to say all plugged in and working.
If anyone interested in how to then reply and will post details.
As i know someone with a tech 2 unit was main reason for making a cable as they enabled aux for me.

Only thing is there is engine whine noise on the aux so am looking at getting a Ground Loop Ioslator from ebay to pop inline and hopefully rectify the issue.

Ground Loop Ioslator approx £4 from ebay from china.

#3 · (Edited)
Just for future reference if anyone needs details for pinouts
Crude diagram didn't work correctly but using a standard 3 sectioned 3.5 mm headphone jack.

--------- white cable, Right audio ( Pin 4 on aux 2 port ) Mid section on 3.5 jack

-------- Red cable, Left audio ( Pin 3 on aux 2 port ) Top / point section on 3.5 jack

--------- Black Cable, Earth ( Pin 10 on aux 2 port ) Base section on 3.5 jack

Made cable with computer motherboard pin cables with shielded headphone cable but still needed the loop isolator and all working fine at this time.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.