Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner

Locked out of car. AAA "broke in". Now locks and engine will not work.

3K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  aerojon 
#1 ·
Last week, my son could not get back in 2001 SAAB 9-5 SE 3.0L V-6 (doors electronically locked with key button) after working-out. AAA used a tool to unlock rear driver's side door... setting off car alarm. My son jumped-in and started car with key to make alarm silent, then drove home. Next day, car would not start. I thought water / electrical problem, but I can't find any water, or wetness. I checked all fuses and they are OK, BUT central locking doesn't work (with key's button, or near shift lever) AND passenger's side electric seat doesn't move (both are on same fuse, # 11 I think). Car's starter turns great, but engine won't start for more than a second.

At first I was thinking water problem, or fuel pump, but after rechecking fuses and noticing central locks and electric seat are on same fuse with neither one working, I'm guessing alarm issue. Can one remove, or disable entire alarm system ?? Car has 250K miles and I want it to run... even IF stolen. Dead in yard is worse then gone !!

Any thoughts? GEE3035

#4 ·
Fixed. After a month with no ride. The TWICE unit (under driver's seat in US) had gotten wet and connections were corroded. Took out seat, removed TWICE, cleaned and oiled connections put back together and it started right up. Thanks to kez for zero help -- again. Don't ask questions if you are not going to respond to replies. Super moderate this !!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.