2008 Ttid Auto DPF Meltdown - Page 2

1. Welcome to Saabscene – General discussion forum for Saab

Welcome to Saabscene - a website dedicated to all things Saab.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Saabscene today!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2008 Ttid Auto DPF Meltdown

Re: 2008 Ttid Auto DPF Meltdown

http://garagewire.co.uk/news/governm...-of-crackdown/
    In the year since he did it , I think all as been well , he has not reported back with any kind of failure since . Very cleaver what raj did and he knew when to stop drilling .
    MSD REGISTER 26101 NOCTURNO-BLAU-MET

2. Remove Advertisements
    SaabScene.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by lizzard-t View Post
    http://garagewire.co.uk/news/governm...-of-crackdown/
    In the year since he did it , I think all as been well , he has not reported back with any kind of failure since . Very cleaver what raj did and he knew when to stop drilling .
    DOT have been slow to catch up on this. be interesting to see what happens when and if cars/vans start failing on dpf removal and how exactly will they check. al MOT stations will require new kit possibly a software update to as they have the measuring kit already i guess.....

We do not stop playing because we grow old; We grow old because we stop playing.

Pushing the mustard some ........ But if ya bought a dpf from ... XYZ Breakers....... & Spend a goodly amount of time, disembowling it ...... So ya has a huge expance with a probe in there ....... What then ? .... Just thinkin'

Then one could put a normal dpf on the day before MOT time and switch back the day after !!
    Power is How hard you hit the wall.....
    Torque is How far you take the wall with you !

Saab Newbie

I was experiencing ups and downs in my TTID power output & lot of weird regens over the last two months, so I did the same thing on my DPF this weekend and drilled some partial holes in it. I think I went some 1-2cm deep with a 8mm drill and might have gone over board with the hole count ended up with 10 holes or so in the end. The engine is definitely much more responsive as many others have reported and pulls way better in all gears. However I would not suggest drilling so many holes - the exhaust now has a slightly deeper tone to it and during a regen on a highway @ below 2000 revs it felt like driving a broken muffler with a hole in it. Had to keep revs above 2500 not do go mental. At least I now always know when the regens are happening lol

I've read plenty of reports also in Alfa forums how 159 has the same DPF and amongst them this partial drilling is quite popular. They've even gone as far as drilling the dpf thoroughly and for some time this one guy was selling obd dongles that reset the dpf countdown so it wasnt necessary to get a remap which deleted the regens.

However nobody has written anything about loud regens. Hope it's no biggie

Follow-up edit: I had the dpf to exhaust clamp loose so the loud noise came from there. Two regens since that, now it only regens at certain distance intervals - every 640kms (which was also confirmed by raj). Now I just reset my trip computer every time and it's easy to plan my regens so they're not interrupted.
    Last edited by Henri; 10-03-2019 at 07:18 AM.

7. Remove Advertisements
    SaabScene.com
    Advertisements

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12