to renovo or not

1. Welcome to Saabscene – General discussion forum for Saab

Welcome to Saabscene - a website dedicated to all things Saab.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Saabscene today!

Thread: to renovo or not

to renovo or not

Hi everyone, I'm New to Saab scene, but not Saab. I'be just bought a 2006 9-3 vert. I cleaned the soft top using miltons tabs, and I'be bought fabsil to proof it, but I want to bring the black up a bit first. I'be ordered renovo restorer for this. Anyone got any thoughts on this product?
    Cheers,

2. Remove Advertisements
    SaabScene.com
    Advertisements

Re: to renovo or not

Renovo is fine for colour restoration. Just use it carefully and try not to get it on paint. Plenty of people use it.
    Stu

Current - 2013 Mercedes E250 AMG Sport Convertible
    Previous -2008 9-3 TiD 150 Vector Sport Convertible

Hi Neimur,
    I have used Renovo twice a year for the last two years I`ve owned my 93 convertible and I`m delighted how good it looks, as black as I hoped. The water is still beading and running off the roof after 5 months so I would say try it yourself.
    It`s done in 20 minutes and really easy to do. I can`t compare it to anything else but it does exactly what I want. As I said, still looking good after 5 months and my car is outdoors all the time. Have a damp cloth to hand to wipe down any liquid that runs off during application onto the bodywork but I`m sure it tells you that on the bottle.
    Dont measure your life by how many breaths you take......but by how many times your breath is taken away

Thanks guys, I'll give it a shot at the weekend, and report back.

Would use renovo cleaner, colour restorer and proofers

We do not stop playing because we grow old; We grow old because we stop playing.

Well, had a go at the roof with renovo, and it came up pretty well. Left it for a day or two and gave it a litre of fabsil. I'm pretty pleased with the results. You guys were right about the renovo, it gets everywhere , when you're trying to work fast to keep a wet edge.

I have been a long time user of renovo, and still it impress me with the result.

Saab Newbie

New to saab ownership, and covertibles too. So Renovo then 2-3 days and fabsil. Does it melt plastic, as might mask off edges first to save hastle. polythene, or even cling film with masking tape edge, I was thinking. But might pop down to Wickes and get that decorators edging stuff. polythene dust sheet with masking tape already attached.
    http://www.decoratingdirect.co.uk/viewprod/k/KIPMRB/
    Last edited by lkomnino; 06-06-2017 at 05:43 AM.

10. Remove Advertisements
    SaabScene.com
    Advertisements