Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner

to renovo or not

Tags
renovo
6K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  candy maaks 
#1 ·
Hi everyone, I'm New to Saab scene, but not Saab. I'be just bought a 2006 9-3 vert. I cleaned the soft top using miltons tabs, and I'be bought fabsil to proof it, but I want to bring the black up a bit first. I'be ordered renovo restorer for this. Anyone got any thoughts on this product?
Cheers,

#3 ·
Hi Neimur,
I have used Renovo twice a year for the last two years I`ve owned my 93 convertible and I`m delighted how good it looks, as black as I hoped. The water is still beading and running off the roof after 5 months so I would say try it yourself.
It`s done in 20 minutes and really easy to do. I can`t compare it to anything else but it does exactly what I want. As I said, still looking good after 5 months and my car is outdoors all the time. Have a damp cloth to hand to wipe down any liquid that runs off during application onto the bodywork but I`m sure it tells you that on the bottle.

#6 ·
Well, had a go at the roof with renovo, and it came up pretty well. Left it for a day or two and gave it a litre of fabsil. I'm pretty pleased with the results. You guys were right about the renovo, it gets everywhere , when you're trying to work fast to keep a wet edge.

#8 · (Edited)
New to saab ownership, and covertibles too. So Renovo then 2-3 days and fabsil. Does it melt plastic, as might mask off edges first to save hastle. polythene, or even cling film with masking tape edge, I was thinking. But might pop down to Wickes and get that decorators edging stuff. polythene dust sheet with masking tape already attached.
http://www.decoratingdirect.co.uk/viewprod/k/KIPMRB/

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.