This is not DIY , this is what I do for a living

1. Welcome to Saabscene – General discussion forum for Saab

Welcome to Saabscene - a website dedicated to all things Saab.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Saabscene today!

Thread: This is not DIY , this is what I do for a living

This is not DIY , this is what I do for a living

Just thaught I would show you some pics of what I do for a living ( installing boilers )
    I get a bit ANAL about straight and clipped pipe work ( everthing linear gawd I think I need to see a shrink )
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg

2. Remove Advertisements
    SaabScene.com
    Advertisements

Regular Saab Guy

Re: This is not DIY , this is what I do for a living

That's not anal. That's a proper job. Shame your not local to me.

Thankyou very much MR Christmas for your comment , yes it is a proper job , but we all know what some peeps are like " chuck it in and close the door "! Job done !

nice to see pride in some ones work...........if something worth doing then do it right, presentation is everything

I hate seeing a rats nest in electrical needs to be prim and proper lol

you self employed ?

I see you use fernox tf1 any reason you don't use the addy version

what wireless programmers do you fit ?

Lovely work mate, I always appreciate good plumbing on a boiler. I think we may actually have that very make of boiler in our house

On the off chance im doing some work down your end Liz ill give you a call
    Turd's Black Saab Aero TTiD 180 - https://www.saabscene.com/forum/threa...-9-3-Aero-TTiD...

Thank all so much for your comments .
    Kez ,yes I'm self employed been that way on and off for half of my working life 34 years in the trade about 17 self employed )
    Yes we use the fernox tf1 system filter ( due to the fAct that the company who I work on behalf of have a huge tie- in with fernox products through plumbcenter )
    Thease system filters are ATCHUALLY part of the best practice procedure part L buildings regulations .
    And are part of the benchmark book for comissioning .
    I've always perfured the spirovent system filter . But the adey magnaclean is the best due to the size of the magnet within it .
    Wireless contro,s have made siting and installing a lot better due to the fact that you don't have to lift loads of floorboards to run cables .
    We prefer the honeywell cm range of controls ( simp,e to fit and comission and most people of all ages understand how to use them , thou now and again we come across someone who is partially sighted and cannot see the display for love or money .)
    We have moving slow key onto the "hive " all singing all dancing but I cannot get use to all this modern technology .
    And just drop he a line on here MR turd if you are ever down my way and need a heating engineer.

Regular Saab Guy

This is why I don't muck about with my car or pretend to know how to muck about with my car. I do something quite different for a living. I like to think I'm reasonably competent at what I do. On the same reasoning, I'm happy to pay others to do the things that I can't. But I do expect Lizzard's standard of work. Sadly, there're plenty of people out there who think "that'll do" is alright, and often it isn't.

MSD REGISTER 26101 NOCTURNO-BLAU-MET

Only just seen your post Paul...
    Very neat and as someone said earlier.."Its a shame you're not nearer to me"

Thank you very much Simon , for the kind comments .
    Here's another , I did in ilford (110 miles each way over 5 days ) last summer ,on the hottest week of the year in a " half way " house ( 2 massive houses converted into 1 ) in total there was 21 studio rooms , all with there own shower and sink , over 3 floors
    23 hot draw off points ( or taps ) 30 radiators , so I went in there , designed the replacement system .
    It included
    2-300 litre evocyl unvented cylinders each with secondary return
    1-vailiant 65 kW conventional commercial boiler .
    3- "s" plans ,1 for each cylinder so each cylinder could be heated independently of the other and one for the radiators including there own ABV ,
    18 litre expansion vessel with robo kit
    All Incased in its own boiler room with double locked doors ( to stop the residents from tampering and unbelievable case of stealing the copper and boiler !
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    MSD REGISTER 26101 NOCTURNO-BLAU-MET

P
    aul..
    Do your customers appreciate just how neat your work is?
    Do they comment?

Sometimes I do the most amazing repairs to damaged Violins/Cellos and they just look and say "Yeah mate that's fine".. I sometimes wonder why I bother!!
    At the other end of the scale, we had a woman in once who fell downstairs onto her lovely French Cello (worth around £8,000). It literally came into the shop in 3 shopping bags.. She was crying as she brought it in to us.
    I started my job at the end of 1977 so I have pretty much seen everything repair wise..
    Anyway after 3 or 4 weeks her Cello was repaired and she cried again when she picked it up.. I must admit that was such a nice feeling for me as she REALLY appreciated it.

Saabisti

Yes i know this is months old but only read it

Paul, you really are a credit to plumbers/heating engineers thats bloody great work

Speed, you too are obviously very good at your job/trade

It's one thing being able just to do a job but another taking pride in it which so very few do now

15. Remove Advertisements
    SaabScene.com
    Advertisements