error codes

1. Welcome to Saabscene – General discussion forum for Saab

Welcome to Saabscene - a website dedicated to all things Saab.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Saabscene today!

Thread: error codes

Saab Newbie

error codes

hello everybody.

I was wondering if anybody could give me some advice?

I have a 9-5 vector sport 1.9 tid (2006) (150bhp) dame edna version and I have been having an intermittent problem where my head lights flicker on and off and the dash lights up like a Christmas tree, the engine also wants to cut out but it does not, but it does not throw the eml up when this happens, also when I lock the car (using the key) the central locking pops back up so I unlock the car put the key in the ignition turn it on let it go the the engine check then relock it and it is fine.

today my beloved Saab decided to show the eml, so I too it to a garage about 40 miles from where I live as I know they have a tech 2 computer, which gave some error codes being.

p1125 throttle actuator feedback signal
    p0640 swirl actuator
    p0660 swirl actuator open circuit

I did ask what these ment as wen it comes to technical or mechanical side of things I am about as much use as a chocolate fire guard, they could tell me need a new engine and I would end up shelling out for one..

I have had a new air intake manifold put on as the arm had come off the swirl flaps and the dpf was force regend just after.

I seem to think there is a short circuit somewhere, but like I said when it comes to stuff like this I am clueless.

any help and or advice will be greatly appreciated

thank you in advance
    Last edited by cmax70; 03-20-2015 at 11:27 AM. Reason: additional info

2. Remove Advertisements
    SaabScene.com
    Advertisements

Re: error codes

when did you have new inlet fitted ? were the codes deleted? maybe worth checking the electrical plug has been reconnected and secure

try this first

Super Moderator

Guys,

While we're on the error code track, I've recently had the same code on 2 of my 9-5 estates, 1 an 03 Aero and the other a 52 plate LPT. My code reader comes up with P1110 - unallocated code. I have looked it up on the list I found using the search facility but to no avail. It doesn't seem to affect running but it is annoying. Any ideas what the problem is. I can cancel it but it reappears fairly soon.

Paul @ Kippen.

hi paul relates to your charge air bypass/control valve have a quick look at the hoses for it first

Paul charge air bypass valve or control valve

Saab Newbie

hi
    thank you for replies, the manifold was changed at beginning of February and codes were deleted apart from a 1901 error code, ( which I know is dpf and cleared its self after some spirited driving down the motorway ) which was cleared 2 weeks later by a tech2 computer, also the eml has now gone off.
    I will be booking it into the garage tomorrow as it seems to be getting worse, sometimes the mpg drops by 10-15mpg on the sid, but will then go back up to to between 36-40mpg.

it happened again this morning and the brake warning lights came on along with esp warning lights ( triangle on sid and esp off light on dash ).
    I am praying that its not going to cost me an arm and a leg to sort.

if anybody knows of a good independent Saab garage in the Leeds area please let me know, I know of one but I have heard they are not that good.

the dropping of fuel is normally a sign of a regen taking place, I wonder if you are cancelling the regen due to your journey type

Super Moderator

Guys,

Is it worth putting a link to a code list and 'pinning' it so it will be readily available ?

Paul @ Kippen.

Saab Newbie

90% of the journeys are motorway which seem to be fine, it seems to be the journeys around town, or when I first set off or if I give it some welly of a junction it seems to want to cut out with the warning lights coming on (esp and brake warning lights ) and things like the radio go off if but after 30 seconds or so it seems to sort itself out.
    the garage with the tech 2 computer said it could be the alternator that causes this . I have not yet booked the car into the garage as I'm not sure what it is, I have spoken to the garage that I usually use and given them the error codes that I was given but they are a Peugeot dealers and don't really have experience with Saabs, so if anybody knows of a reputable garage with saab knowledge in the west Yorkshire area please let me know.
    Pretty frustrating

tech2 will give you a better idea as it will read sub codes and will monitor the engine.

alternator would make sense tbh........theres a thread in the 9-3 how to section on a simple way of cheaply repairing your existing

Quote Originally Posted by paul anderson View Post
    Guys,

Is it worth putting a link to a code list and 'pinning' it so it will be readily available ?

Paul @ Kippen.
    would you like to sort it either in the help and advise section or how to simple enough to do mate, give us a shout if you get stuck

Super Moderator

kez,

This is the link I've been using though it doesn't seem to be complete. Is there a better site to visit?

http://www.obd-codes.com/trouble_codes/

Paul @ Kippen.

Super Moderator

Guys,

Finally got round to sorting this out. As predicted there were a couple of tubes hanging off. The rest were all in pretty poor condition so 2 m of blue 4mm on its way. Just to be sure that I get them all in the correct position I checked with the other 9-5s I have around. 2 x 2.0 LPTs, the Aero and a 2.3 FPT. 4 cars, 4 different solutions.

Best guess seems to be:-

From throttle body to charge air ( boost ) bypass valve ( O/S end ). From N/S end of said valve to manifold ( upper position ). Lower position to fuel pressure regulator on fuel rail. Pointing forwards connection on Charge air ( Boost ) valve to Boost control ( Dump ) valve.

How does that sound ?

Paul @ Kippen

Super Moderator

Further questions on Codes. Just picked up a couple on a friends 9-5 estate. P1312 and P1334 Both undefined codes. Neither are on the list in OBD-codes.com There must be a more definitive list somewhere.

Paul @ Kippen

P1312/p1334 is normally a sign of the dic going south..
    My 9-3 audio,2 x cd changers,aux-in & Bluetooth audio streaming..

Buy cheap pay twice..

17. Remove Advertisements
    SaabScene.com
    Advertisements