Sat nav upgrade

1. Welcome to Saabscene – General discussion forum for Saab

Welcome to Saabscene - a website dedicated to all things Saab.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Saabscene today!

Thread: Sat nav upgrade

Smile Sat nav upgrade

Hi I have a NG 95 Ttid XWD I need to have the sat nav upgraded but I have been quoted 300 pounds by local Saab garage, is this the going rate or do I buy a tom tom .Don't want to go down this route but it seems a little expensive to me

2. Remove Advertisements
    SaabScene.com
    Advertisements

Re: Sat nav upgrade

Do what I did. I've got an old 3rd gen iPod Touch which I was hardly using and I downloaded a free program called NavFree from ITunes onto it. Then I purchased a TomTom cradle for £20 for it. I now use this for my SatNav. To be fair I've never had SatNav in the car as I prefer road maps but I was away this year and got a tad lost as there were some crazy changes onto different motorways for a stretch and ended up taking me an extra 2 hours to reach my destination. So decided I could do with something for these odd occasions. I tested it the other week while I was away and it had a couple of small glitches but in the main worked like a charm . Only downside is i'm stuck with the version of NavFree I have installed as my version of IOS doesn't support the latest version. But i'm happy enough with it and it does the job.

https://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/navf...391334793?mt=8

I'm sure if you have a newer device you could get a cradle for it and be able to download the latest version. Or pay the £30 odd for the TomTom app which I felt wasn't worth it.

Re: Sat nav upgrade

hi Kevdo Thanks for that I have an android phone that has sat nav installed on it, but I really would like to use the sat nav in the car,to be honest it is working ok but 3 years out of date.Maybe keep the road map in the car just in case. I am not paying 300 quid for the upgrade.

5. Remove Advertisements
    SaabScene.com
    Advertisements