Subs cutting out

1. Welcome to Saabscene – General discussion forum for Saab

Welcome to Saabscene - a website dedicated to all things Saab.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Saabscene today!

Thread: Subs cutting out

Subs cutting out

I recently installed two 6.5 inch pyramid sub woofers in the door speaker slots of my 2000 saab 93. With this i also installed a kenwood head unit and a Boss 4 channel, 1200 watt subwoofer. The install was pretty clean but my subs have been randomly cutting out. This doesn't depend on volume or bass level, they just randomly cut off. In order temporarily fix this problem, i have to turn off the head unit and power it back on but this only works until the subs cut out again. At first i thought i had a bad power wire to my amp but the amp stays on even when the subs cut out. These subs are both 300 watt and are running on channels 1 and 2 of the amp. I also have an HID light kit coming from the battery. Could the cut outs be in response to an over worked alternator? Could i have too much power running from my batter? Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

2. Remove Advertisements
    SaabScene.com
    Advertisements

Re: Subs cutting out

Could be any thing.

Figure out where the issue is. Is it the amp that's cutting off? Could be bad ground, pinched wire. To me if its random i always thing something is lose. You have to isolate where the problem is by removing something form the equation.

4. Remove Advertisements
    SaabScene.com
    Advertisements