Aircon not blowing cold - no faults and fully gassed??

1. Welcome to Saabscene – General discussion forum for Saab

Welcome to Saabscene - a website dedicated to all things Saab.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Saabscene today!

Thread: Aircon not blowing cold - no faults and fully gassed??

Aircon not blowing cold - no faults and fully gassed??

My aircon wasn't working do to the mixer flap generating a fault. I've replaced that unit now and reset everything. System is fully gassed up and compressor etc appears to be engaging on/off when I press the econ button.

Still get no cold air - any ideas on what else to try given that there are no faults with the system ??

thanks in advance

2. Remove Advertisements
    SaabScene.com
    Advertisements

Re: Aircon not blowing cold - no faults and fully gassed??

The mixer flaps don't affect the aircon, it either blows cold or not regardless of what the flaps are doing. Have you had it regassed? Kwikfit will do it or not charge if it still doesn't work, their equipment will also check for any significant leaks by doing a vacuum test before attempting to regas it.

Quote Originally Posted by bartwins View Post
    The mixer flaps don't affect the aircon, it either blows cold or not regardless of what the flaps are doing. Have you had it regassed? Kwikfit will do it or not charge if it still doesn't work, their equipment will also check for any significant leaks by doing a vacuum test before attempting to regas it.
    Yes I will take it to an aircon place ASAP, it appears to be fully gassed with no leaks (I've got one of those chill-eze canisters) shows good pressure.

Will not be using Kwick Fit, I gave them a try last time and after having the car booked in a week in advance and waiting around for nearly 2 hours there response was - can't do it is the car is not listed on theircomputer.. pah!

Ahem! - handy hint, make sure that the aircon fuse has been put back properly after all fault codes have been fixed.

I then did another aircon reset. Then this time when I used the eze-chill it was showing low fluctuating gas pressure. Just about emptied the entire can into the system and then finally got ice cold aircon back again!

Had my 9-3 soft top air con re gassed yesterday (2nd visit to the mechanic).System evacuated of old stuff and mechanic said the pressure was right and the machine was telling him to test the cold air was coming through the vents.About 35 degrees,bloody hot. I
    asked him to do a check of the system on the code reader,not got the software for the 9-3 ! He will be borrowing one from his mate. I have changed the pollen filter which was minging ,ah I thought could be the problem but still blowing hot air. Any ideas please.

7. Remove Advertisements
    SaabScene.com
    Advertisements