2005 93SS Parcel Shelf Speaker Questions

1. Welcome to Saabscene – General discussion forum for Saab

Welcome to Saabscene - a website dedicated to all things Saab.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Saabscene today!

Thread: 2005 93SS Parcel Shelf Speaker Questions

Regular Saab Guy

2005 93SS Parcel Shelf Speaker Questions

Hi guys, the car is a 9-3 SS saloon, I have recently purchased some 6x9 speakers for the parcel shelf, I've noticed the space that's for them in the shelf I also have another set of smaller circular speakers in there too, Basically what is the best way to connect the 6x9's into the speaker system, is it as simple as bridging the wires from the smaller speakers on the shelf or is there a hidden loom anywhere already made for a set of extra 6x9 speakers?

Thanks Cal

2. Remove Advertisements
    SaabScene.com
    Advertisements

Regular Saab Guy

Re: 2005 93SS Parcel Shelf Speaker Questions

Anyone?

Hi, what setup s the car? 4/7 speaker?

Regular Saab Guy

i'm pretty sure i've got the 7, got ICM2 aswell complete with phone sim card holder in boot if it helps

Regular Saab Guy

Can anyone shed some light, they are now fitted and are in place just need wiring up!

as simple as that yes make sure they are in the right polarity, they will probably be under powered depending on what the speakers rms is as the ehu is very weak power wise

Regular Saab Guy

I thought bridging them would be the best way, just wasn't too sure if it would effect the amp1 or cause any overload issues, I have had a good look to see if there was an existing speaker loom within the rear wiring loom for any additional speakers, unfortunately not so looks like I will just bridge the speakers, thanks for the confirmation Nathan.

Cheers Cal

bridging the speakers will reduce the rms to them as you'll be changing the ohmage..
    My 9-3 audio,2 x cd changers,aux-in & Bluetooth audio streaming..

Buy cheap pay twice..

Regular Saab Guy

they will still work though, or would it be best to use the wires from the small speakers on the parcel shelf and feed them into the 6x9's instead leaving the small speakers redundant. Not sure what the best way is, might just bridge the wires, should sound a lot better surely!

Side question: How do you access the speakers in the dashboard to upgrade them?

bin the 4"

Quote Originally Posted by - Cal - View Post
    they will still work though, or would it be best to use the wires from the small speakers on the parcel shelf and feed them into the 6x9's instead leaving the small speakers redundant. Not sure what the best way is, might just bridge the wires, should sound a lot better surely!

Side question: How do you access the speakers in the dashboard to upgrade them?
    Amp feeds highs only to the parcel shelf, you'll hardly konw the 6x9s are there, best to amp them from the front door feeds (bass only) - Don't bridge them as you'll change the impedeance, disconnect the 4" speaker if anything and connect the 6x9s instead. You'll see what Imean straight away. no bass forom there. I have 6x9 amped from the Head Unit rear out (post MY08 car) so much easier to do, But so much better....

Accessing the dash speakers involves prizing th grills off, you will need an angle torx tool as there's not much room under the glass to work.

13. Remove Advertisements
    SaabScene.com
    Advertisements