z19dth problem

1. Welcome to Saabscene – General discussion forum for Saab

Welcome to Saabscene - a website dedicated to all things Saab.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Saabscene today!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: z19dth problem

z19dth problem

Hi guys, I'm after a bit advice for my uncle. He has a 2007 1.9 cdti 150Bhp astra which I think is the z19dth engine the same as saabs. Anyway he is having throttle body problems. He took it to a garage and they are saying that the pins that hold the throttle body flap in place are bent? I dont know how its managed to bend the pins but this is what they are saying. Is this a common fault and can it be fixed or can they only be replaced? Is it an expensive job to do whichever?

Thanks in advance guys.

2. Remove Advertisements
    SaabScene.com
    Advertisements

Re: z19dth problem

does the flap move freely ?

Saab Afficionado

You can see a pic below and they are fairly easy to swap btw

Cant really see how the "pins" would bend btw unless someone has forced the flap.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Vectra-C-A...item258b932808

Quote Originally Posted by cjapeterborough View Post

Cant really see how the "pins" would bend btw unless someone has forced the flap.
    agree..............tbh i would try cleaning it first

Nope kez. The car was running like a bag of s**t as it wouldnt open so the bloke glued it permenantly open as a temp fix. He said the pins were bent to my uncle. My uncle knows absolutely nothing at all about cars. My dads just said also it could of been the inlet manifold and not the throttle body... apparently its 700 quid to replace the part with a brand new part if that helps point out the faulty part?

The car went into vauxhall about 8 months ago as it conked out on the motorway and wouldnt start again and it got put dosn to a knackered dpf which got removed and mapped out and dodgy flaps in either the inlet manifold or the throttle body.

The tb on the astra is of a different design due to space issues so it has to be off and astra H

Ah right. I didnt realise that!

Saab Afficionado

If the guy glued it open this would suggest that the actuator has failed on the flap and you would look to exchange the TB.
    Are you also talking about another seperate issue with the swirl flaps on the manifold?

Quote Originally Posted by knight rider View Post
    Ah right. I didnt realise that!
    dth refers to the actual engine and not ancillary's ............so there are various differences between vauxhall and saab although both gm

Quote Originally Posted by cjapeterborough View Post
    If the guy glued it open this would suggest that the actuator has failed on the flap and you would look to exchange the TB.
    Are you also talking about another seperate issue with the swirl flaps on the manifold?
    sorry about the confusion. I thought my uncle said the tb and when I mentioned it to my dad I had posted about it on here he said that he thought it was the intake mani and not the tb. I'm going to give my uncle a call on my next break to get him to confirm which it is.

Quote Originally Posted by kez View Post
    dth refers to the actual engine and not ancillary's ............so there are various differences between vauxhall and saab although both gm
    Ah right. My bad. I didnt realise this either. I thought it would have all been the same. I know very little about that sorta stuff.

yes good idea to know what his problem is before we blow his car up or spend his life savings on something it is not lol

and always worth double checking replacement parets mate just in case

Haha yer I cant imagine him being happy! He said it is the flaps in the inlet mani. I'm positive he told me tb.

So guys ignore eveything about the tb he has just confirmed inlet mani. Haha. Sorry.

lol.........so is the rod bent or has it become detatched from the flaps(common problem) does he have a eml on

what are his symptoms

It must be the rod then yer. He was told the pins. He said the eml was on but then went off once they were glued open.

The car just ran like crap and wouldnt rev above 1750 ish rpm. Basically went into limp mode.

17. Remove Advertisements
    SaabScene.com
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast