NCAA Football

1. Welcome to Saabscene – General discussion forum for Saab

Welcome to Saabscene - a website dedicated to all things Saab.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Saabscene today!

Thread: NCAA Football

NCAA Football

I thought the Sport section was a bit lacking. I saw one martial arts post and another soccer/(aka football) thread. Anyone here follow NCAA football? It was an amazing week last week with Louisville, Georgia, Texas A&M, LSU, South Carolina, and Florida all getting upset. Obviously the plus one playoff is the way to go but I hope it doesn't kill some of the drama of "upset Saturdays."

PS: Roll Tide!

PPS: Hopefully the Sport section picks up as we near the World Cup. It's not like the US is going to win it all but this may be the best US World Cup team I have ever seen. It would be nice if the US is able to make a deep run into the WC.
    2000 9.5 2.3t Linear

2. Remove Advertisements
    SaabScene.com
    Advertisements

Re: NCAA Football

i have a question .... why do you call it football when you dont really use your foot?

and what you mean "soccer aka football" dont you mean "football that yanks calll soccer"? because we brits use our feet on ball hence football

lmao

Current :
    2015 Vauxhall Insignia 1.4t SRI

Previous :
    2009 Saab 93 1.8t Linear Convertible
    2008 Saab 93 2.0t Vector Sport Saloon
    2005 Saab 93 1.8t Vector Sport Saloon
    2000 Vauxhall Astra 1.4 LS
    1998 Vauxhall Corsa 1.0 12V LS

I will grant that American football is a bit of a misnomer but apparently our attempts at relabeling it "real football" never quite took off across the Atlantic. Who knows though? You could start referring to American Football as Real Football in the UK and see if it takes off.
    2000 9.5 2.3t Linear

perhaps you should read up on your history hehe,

British Army took Rugby to canada, it then moved to America, and America decided to rename it from Rugby to Football for no reason at all

so would you like to compare your so called Real Football to our Rugby and then tell me which is the "Real" sport out of the two?

shall we also get onto the Baseball World Series, thats only played by teams in America so not really world is it?

and also the history of baseball is a development from the older british game rounders

so of course we can talk sport if you like?
    Last edited by sianderson; 10-21-2013 at 07:06 PM.

Current :
    2015 Vauxhall Insignia 1.4t SRI

Previous :
    2009 Saab 93 1.8t Linear Convertible
    2008 Saab 93 2.0t Vector Sport Saloon
    2005 Saab 93 1.8t Vector Sport Saloon
    2000 Vauxhall Astra 1.4 LS
    1998 Vauxhall Corsa 1.0 12V LS

Rugby is an awesome sport. There isn't much rugby left in American football though; different sports entirely. Rugby has caught on, (or caught back on), in America but it's normally played at the intramural levels. From an American standpoint, it's weird to watch Rugby. You feel like you are watching football from the late 1800s. It's cool but just different. The big separator, the forward pass, basically came about on challenge. The American rule books didn't have a rule against a forward pass because it hadn't been contemplated. It started to catch on and a decision had to be made whether it would be a legal or an illegal play. It was eventually decided to be legal. Had it gone the other way, our football would probably still look very similar to Rugby. There have been a lot of innovations in American football and they are still ongoing but the obvious major difference was the forward pass. I have no idea why in the heck Americans started calling our version of football, football. We take it for granted but any American kid knows it's a name that doesn't make sense.

Okay, as my one confession, I really have absolutely no understanding of Cricket. I think the majority of my knowledge comes from The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy and I am assuming that it actually doesn't really involve homocidal robots.
    2000 9.5 2.3t Linear

7. Remove Advertisements
    SaabScene.com
    Advertisements