Setting Air-Con to off as default when starting (95 MY06 model)

1. Welcome to Saabscene – General discussion forum for Saab

Welcome to Saabscene - a website dedicated to all things Saab.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Saabscene today!

Thread: Setting Air-Con to off as default when starting (95 MY06 model)

Setting Air-Con to off as default (95 MY06 model)

Hi All,

I've found a number of posts about how to turn the Air Con (A/C) off by default so that you never have to remember to turn it off each time you come to start the car in the mornings. However they all seem to cover the earlier 95 models with the older a/c units. I have a Saab 95 2007 vector sport estate... is it possible to make the A/C not operate by default (ie the green light to be illuminated on the A/C OFF button)?

Thanks in advance

Rodp
    Last edited by rodp; 09-18-2013 at 08:45 PM. Reason: amended title

2. Remove Advertisements
    SaabScene.com
    Advertisements

Re: Setting Air-Con to off as default (95 MY06 model)

Not in your owners manual?

Re: Setting Air-Con to off as default when starting (95 MY06 model)

Hi Mike, No - I've read it very carefully and many times and they don't say. I'm sure there will be some way but it's going to take some one from this expert forum i feel to advise. The reply might be it's a Tech2 thing in order to tell the car to remember it's settings for a longer time. Don't get me wrong, the car does remember but only for a short time - i think it's about 4 hours but after that it resets - I'm about to use my car in the next hour and so will double check this which is about 4.5 hours rest time. Will update later today. But in the meantime, if anyone out there knows any more techy info please do let me know. Thanks Rodp

ok, update for you - the a/c resets itself within 4 hours or sooner (car was left for 4.5 hours). I'll narrow it down a little more but i'm guessing we're going to find that the golden number is 3 hours. Will update when I know.

can i ask why would you want to turn the a/c off? other than a little more mpg while driving whats the issue with leaving it on in the mornings?

Current :
    2015 Vauxhall Insignia 1.4t SRI

Previous :
    2009 Saab 93 1.8t Linear Convertible
    2008 Saab 93 2.0t Vector Sport Saloon
    2005 Saab 93 1.8t Vector Sport Saloon
    2000 Vauxhall Astra 1.4 LS
    1998 Vauxhall Corsa 1.0 12V LS

Update for everyone....So I came back to the car after 2 hours and it had reset the A/c. So is it after one hour then that it forgets the settings... I'll keep you posted.

can i ask why would you want to turn the a/c off? other than a little more mpg while driving whats the issue with leaving it on in the mornings?
    >> Si, it's just that - I don't need it on. I've come from a Saab 9-3 with no climate control and so am used to it not being on. Also, I'm a stickler for wanting to be in control!! I would hope that there is a way for the unit to remember it's settings for a longer time and so if anyone has any ideas on this, please do let me know.

Many thanks

Rodp

Using a few better keywords I found this article:

http://www.saabcentral.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=134113

So it's better that I say that my problem is not just the A/c but the whole clime control unit in that it reverts back to auto after two hours. This sounds like it's by design or at least factory settings but I'm assuming there is a way to change this.

What about if u go into settings then climate control settings?
    I cant remember but i know u can have it auto off or high or something like that.I cant remember exactly the setting there but try it.

Quote Originally Posted by blazed16 View Post
    What about if u go into settings then climate control settings? I cant remember but i know u can have it auto off or high or something like that.I cant remember exactly the setting there but try it.
    Hi blazed16, are you talking about a setting in the SID menu or Tech2? If you're saying SID, there doesn't seem to be any customize / customise section in the SID like I've read you have in 9-3's unless I've totally missed that whilst reading the manual and playing about. This is a MY06 (2007 9-5) model. Cheers Rodp

bump! - Can anyone else shine any light on this issue? Thanks

12. Remove Advertisements
    SaabScene.com
    Advertisements