I have often looked at the site but never had the need to post thankfully due to the excellent shared information.
I am hoping someone will have an answer to this rather annoying issue with the ACC. I have a UK 2006 Saab 9-3 Tid Vector Sport which is superb in every way but this week the aircon decided to stop working and what a perfect week to play up in 32 degrees!
I took the car to a specialist who has done the following:
Having googled the issue there are several people who have experienced this evaporator sensor error and each time there is a different reason as to why it is throwing up the non existent sensor (compressor/leak/fan control box pins corroded). I advised him to check the fan control box as per another thread but that is all dry and all pins in tact and as mentioned there are no leaks and the compressor is working.
- Regas system, pressure tested and all ok.
- Compressor confirmed working fine without issue.
- Fault read using Tech II and showing Evaporator sensor reading -40
- He advised the evaporator sensor is not one where it is supposed to be.
- He has removed other aircon sensors (outside/cabin etc) which apparently confirms they are working through error messages on the screen and Tech II.
He has now drawn a complete blank other than finding an ACC wiring diagram to insert a bridge so that it thinks it's functioning, and I am unable to find one for the year of the car. I am also not convinced that this would be the answer as everything was working fine before.
This obviously isn't an isolated issue, does any one have any idea how to resolve?